FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [GONE April 2018] W New York Lexington Ave [Master Thread]
Old Sep 30, 2008, 6:28 pm
El Boocho

Recent Trip Report

Stayed at the W NY recently. I have stayed there a handful of times but this was the first time I was lied to by the front desk staff. I never check up to see if they are telling the truth about suites, I just accept it for what it is. However, this woman was surly and I had a feeling she was not being truthful. So I got to my tiny room which would have been fine had the hotel actually been sold out or the standard suites all gone. However when I called SPG I was told there were "plenty of rooms available." More than 25 I ask. She says "yes." I say how about standard suites for sale. She says 4.

I go down and ask to speak to the front of the house manager who was in a meeting. I ended up speaking with an HR person (I didn't seek her out, she found me), who was very nice and relyed my concerns to the other manager. He called me a few minutes later, and offered me a suite. I don't know if it was a standard suite or not. I have had bigger suites at this property, so it might have been a standard. Room was fine except for the no curtain/blinds in the bedroom on the glass door to the balcony! The door was right at the foot of the bed. It looked like there used to be something attached to the door, but had broken off and no one bothered to fix it. I realized this after midnight and since I only was staying one night I sucked up the 6AM sunlight wakeup call.

I probably won't choose to stay there again, but if the price is right or I have colleagues staying there, I would consider it.