FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (About to be) Involuntary downgraded - help
Old Sep 22, 2008, 1:35 pm
dmahon

Programs: BA Executive Club
I don't see what I can do. I've spoke to half a dozen people, all of whom tell me I'll be entitled to compensation if I don't fly club - but if the seats are oversold then someone isn't going. It's all very well shouting, but other than a bit of embarrasment, what will it achieve - who actually has the authority to bump someone else and let me on? If shouting will help, I'll shout!

If I can get them to give me a (confirmed) upgrade to First on the way back, plus the 75% EU compensation plus the €600/€800 visa card that I've heard about, I might settle for that and fly with them again in future - otherwise, does it hurt them more to have them move me to another carrier and put me up overnight (and do I get a choice of where they put me up)? Do I get a choice of airline (and which airlines should I avoid choosing)?

What happens if a passenger refuses to board as the gates are closing and they have checked baggage (is that a lever)?

I'll go to the desk at 9pm.

EDIT: For any of you who are thinking I'm heartless - I wouldn't be so cruel to the other passengers unless BA had gone out of their way to p*ss me off - and when I found out thwere was a problem I decided not to check my carry-on anyway.

Last edited by dmahon; Sep 22, 2008 at 1:53 pm