FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX T3 Plans for VX laid out at crankyflier.com
Old Sep 17, 2008, 8:07 pm
articos

Originally Posted by FlyingBear
I wouldn't just blame LAWA... I don't see the neighborhoods in the area exactly willing to put up with a major project like a railway extension. It was a major effort just to get a taxiway on the South Runways. But yeah, I don't see any major capital investments into the infrastructure of LAX for a long time.
Nope, I'm not blaming just LAWA, just pointing out when it comes to any sort of major capital expenditure for LAX, it's just not going to happen anytime soon, unless there's a major change in organization there and to the political will in the City of LA. Nobody really cooperates well down there, be it the neighborhoods, the city, or the LAWA board.

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Well, after walking around the area after a VX flight to LAX, I noted:

- the conversion over in T3 is underway; construction's happening over there.
- I wasn't able to suss out where the VS/VA lounge is going to be exactly; I DID see an area on the level where the AS Board Room is where it could be... but then, it would be behind the T3 TSA gates (which would be horrible for VS, since you'd have to clear security TWICE, at T3 and T2). I did see where an old LAX map has an AA lounge somewhere above the T3 ticketing, but couldn't find it walking around. Maybe that's where it goes?
- About putting VS/VA/VX ticketing together... um, no. VS at LAX is right next to the entry for T2. Then, there's a long, LONG walkway with NW and other airlines, then it's the T3 ones (like AS). I would think they will keep VS's ticketing where they are now, and then VA/VX's ticketing will go in close to T3.
There was zero chance of VS/VA/VX ticketing going together. The plan was always to leave VS ticketing in T2. T3 is literally being split down the middle for VX/VA and AS. AS gets the left half and Virgin gets the right half of T3's ticketing hall (and the rest of the terminal itself, going back to the gates). They could move VS's counter to be the closest to T3, but unknown for now.