FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - using CC to buy postal money order and get miles??
Old Jun 15, 2003, 10:31 am
ozstamps
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
You can AFAIK use cards with places like Travelex for buy Traveller Cheques. Travelex often offers double points for oz residents anyway. Buy $10,000 of TC and get 20,000 miles etc. And no fees when you cash them back at Travelex either.

The way the American dollar is going downhill, you may will make money on the deal if you buy a strong currency like Euros. Or Australian Dollars.

Bit of a gamble please realise this, but as an example if you had bought $OZ TC a few months back you'd have your card miles and about a 20% $US PROFIT as well if you cashed them in now.

Or buy USA mint stamps. This is my business, and HERE I can buy for instance a sheet of 100 ($1000) of $10 stamps using a credit card, and a week later take the receipt back to a large PO and say I no longer need the stamps, and they will refund in CASH if they are in a good mood and I ask nicely.

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come visit HERE the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!