FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Punctuality Promise Scam!!
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2008, 11:43 am
mas66

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by trueblu
I think this is a little harsh. I don't fly UK domestic, but the days of GBP25 tickets are probably a little while back (I'm guessing -- happy to be proven wrong).

Re: the point about 'who's watch' is correct, valid points made, but many mobile phones now have an auto-time feature, which automatically adjusts the time when e.g. changing time zones. I have to admit, this is rather more accurate than my swiss-made watch. So quite a few business travellers these days might well have access to accurate time-keeping.

This of course, is not addressing the issue of BA's rather shameless (and incorrectly advertised) publicity campaign -- I wonder whether anyone has taken it up via the ASA since v. few flights will have 'taken off' on time!

tb
The 'Auto Time' feature that you mention pretty much updates your time zone with the network that you are currently connected to.

It does not however guarantee that it is accurate.

It will be as accurate as the clock on that particular network which I can assure you can sometimes be way off and may certainly differ from network to network and more importantly could easily be out by the 3 minutes that you are quibbling over and calling a 'Scam'.

Calling this a scam just because it didnt go your way is very harsh.... all IMHO of course !

MS