FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - asaptickets.com?
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2008, 12:47 pm
yogo94

A little postscript... I didn't book w/ Asap b/c of all these negative posts and b/c no one besides emailkid responded to my post. But I did email the url for this thread to the agent @ Asap who was helping me and she called me yesterday to follow up. In the meantime I found a travel agent to book my tickets at a cheaper price, so I told her I wasn't going to book w/ them.

I like how she handled the whole thing. She said "If you found something better, ok it happens. You need to go w/ the best price..." and she also responded to the negative posts by saying "Look... We have different travel agents working here and I'm sure that in the past, people have made mistakes or given bad customer service but that's not representative of the company as a whole." She also would have called me sooner, but it was her day off when I emailed her the thread and she didn't have internet access at home b/c she's based in Latvia.

Now the fact that they are based in a Baltic state may be a red flag for some people, but not for me. The people who live over there are well educated and work for much cheaper rates than in the States. So if I was setting up a service business that works primarily over the phone and email - like a travel agency - I would consider that location for my operations...

End of the day, even though I didn't book w/ this company, I will ask them for a quote for my next overseas flight. Not domestic though b/c that's not their specialty. Oh and the agent's contact info is

Jewls G
[email protected]