FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pitiful Service in F
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:40 pm
AAbuzzard

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
Originally Posted by sluggoaafa

I hope you wrote into AA.com/customerrelations and explained your frustration with the service you received on all your flights. Only then will AA know that the service is lacking (if it was indeed lacking)
Your suggestion to write to customer relations is understandable, yet I wonder whether that is what we should do every time we are not completely satisfied with the service. I really don't want to be perceived by AA as a complainer, so I keep those negative e-mails (and sometimes paper letters) to AA to a minimum.

I think what is extremely infuriating about the whole service situation is that there are a whole bunch of FAs who really work their tails of--they are pleasant, all over the cabin, chat with us, make our flight comfortable. They do their job and I appreciate it, and I let them know so and occasionally I will drop a line to AA (although I wish it weren't so cumbersome to send a short kudos to AA via AA.com). And then there are those others who do barely the minimum serving up the drinks and then tend to their sudoko chores in plain view of those of us who are lucky enough to sit in 4E or thereabouts. Even if there is "nothing else" to do, it looks bad.

Everybody at AA should realize that service and attitude will set a company apart--and that goes in both directions. AA is far too often doing an outstanding job showing the negative side of service. I wish it weren't so because the airline's survival is important to me. It should also be important to all its employees.