FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MFU Fee?
Thread: MFU Fee?
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:52 pm
bernardd

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by joeuk
Hello,

I have a booking in WT+ from BDA to LGW on the 13th and back next week.

When I booked there was no MFU availability on the way out. I've just checked and there's availability now. I've MFUed in the past for free(apart from the miles). However ba.com now wants $320 from me $200 change fee and $120 in extra taxes to MFU the outbound leg. I've never paid a change fee for MFU before. Is this a new thing? Also, isn't the tax for WT+ the same as for Club?

I called BA and they just said there was no availability which isn't what ba.com says !

To complicate matters, I want to change my return leg, which it's cheaper to do once I've flown the outbound leg (assuming there's still availability) so don't want to pay two change fees.

Any advice? I apoligise, if this has been answered before, I had a search and couldn't find anything.

I can't answer for the taxes, but the $200 change fee is a known problem with ba.com. If you are not changing time and date of the flight you don't have to pay the change fee, but unfortunately you have to keep calling 1-800-AIRWAYS until you get an agent that knows what they're talking about.

Looking back, I wonder if what you're seeing could be partially due to higher fuel surcharges on J, rather than a tax difference?