FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Renaissance Harbor View [Master Thread]
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:20 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by baglady
The rooms are small and dingy. I hate the beds. A major irritation was when I went to the lounge; sat down and drank my Perrier - I finished my paper - put away my paper and went to leave with my 1/3 of a Perrier and was told I could not take away my Perrier. NEVER have I been told in any lounge I couldn't leave with a drink (I could understand if it was an alcoholic beverage but this was a non alcoholic beverage that was mostly consumed at this point). When I told my husband that story he told me he was amazed I was staying there because he knew I would hate it compared to the JW and Kowloon Ren and he was right. I stayed there a couple of times and after the Perrier incident said never again no matter how convenient. Yes, that's a little thing but it was so silly it so customer unfriendly, who needs it? I just find their customer service overall inferior on the two stays I had.

I filled out a comment card after that stay and surprise, surprise heard nothing.

I'm at the Kowloon Ren right now and their service overall has been outstanding. I'm a much bigger fan of the JW, but the rates at the Kowloon Ren have been really low and they always upgrade me to a suite; when I book a suite they upgrade me to a deluxe suite.

I spent a week at The Ren Kowloon , I didnt stay at the RHV but did spend some time there.

The RK is a Tourist Hotel while I felt the RHV was a Biz Hotel. I kinda of thought the RHV was a more luxurious Hotel between the 2 and more upscale.

However the RK offers me everything I need and want and would return there in a flash. Its usually alot less $$ to boot. The only Downside to the RK is they give the worst Exchange rates in all of HK, so my PPs yielded me less off my bill then if I stayed at the JW or RHV.