FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VDB in FRA...$10000 and counting
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2008, 7:30 am
mikeef
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Wow. Is this from a longer thread somewhere else? I'd be interested in hearing more about what led to your "most unfortunate situation." Keep 'em coming!

Mike

Originally Posted by woody125
The family and I are on Day 2 of playing the bump game here in FRA. We're up to $10k in flight vouchers and comfy stays at local hotels with food and 3 rooms provided. We might go for one more day tomorrow before going ahead and getting home on Friday. The only thing that has yet to work out has been the upgrade to BE. My lap child and 3 kids under 9 might have something to do with it not happening yet but absolutely full flights seem to be a more likely culprit.

I absolutely LOVE the ground staff here at FRA. Today, they were waiting on us when we arrived and offered us the bump option without even making us go through immigration and security. We were in our hotel room before the flight actually even left. Great people who always go out of their way to aid me and my family.

The baggage that SU lost on Monday in Moscow is already in Atlanta waiting to be delivered to our home. We're the dream bump candidate Delta says as we number 5 tickets total, have no checked bags, and are generally nice and non-demanding about the whole process.

Anyone know what the record bump run is in a case like this? $20k is a very real possibility...