FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO introduces new BusinessFirst seat
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2008, 11:39 pm
J.Edward

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
So I did some research and here's what I came up with:

The "forward" zone (the area between the first door and the second) of the 773 and 772 are the same length - 10.32 meters - according to Boeing. And as we're ultimately talking about seating density w/r/t CO's 772s based on Thompson 773 schematics we'll need a common reference to compare these two different aircraft types, something that I think can be done with the "forward" zone as they're the same.

In CO's current 772 configuration they fit 32 J seats into "forward" zone. In the Thompson link we see them fitting in 35 J "Benz" seats into the same area (a net gain of 3 seats) so at first glance it would seem there's an efficiency to be realized.

However one thing to note: on 50J CO 777's there's a lav behind 5A/B and a closet behind 5K/L that are not present in the Thompson design (in their design there seem to be two lavs behind the second pair of doors, but nothing in front of them) and thus the question becomes - assuming this post so far is accurate - how would the Thompson capacity change for the forward zone of a 777 if their LOPAs included a lav and galley in front of the second pair of doors?

Originally Posted by J.Edward
Can it for a 772 (I don't know either way) as the link to Thompson is for a 773.