FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blender in carry on?
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2008, 4:44 pm
YCTTSFM

Programs: too many of the few that are left
Originally Posted by Iworkhere
…I hear at MCO there is an army of new people working out…
So this group will look totally buff, compared to the ones before?
(Sorry, after brief image of a cp aerobics class, I just couldn't help myself.)

About the blender:
May help if you can verify that neither it nor its parts are on the prohibited list, and the carrier agrees.

Several years ago I needed to travel with a 12V DC power source (plastic box with jumper cables outside, sealed battery inside, fits easily under seat.) For reasons I won't go into here, flying with it was by far the cheapest solution to the problem. Was surprised, but thrilled, to find they were NOT on the prohibited list. Bought my ticket after checking that WN and SJC's then "shift security officer" concurred I could fly with it.

This did not matter to SJC TSOs, who shied from it like skittish horses. No point making the trip if it wasn't with me, so back to the ticket counter to get my checked bag back. WN supervisor instantly said "That is a permitted item and you can bring it on the plane" and walked me back through the cp waving badge as needed. (One of many reasons I love WN.)

Since probably the only questionable part of a blender is the blade, I'd carry it fully assembled to look as normal and recognizable as possible. Not that it makes any actual difference, but to least challenge any lukewarm intellects you may encounter. Smoothies on the road sounds great—good luck!