FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bonus trip canceled - Internet support to the rescue!
Old Jul 8, 2008, 3:27 pm
gakke

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Bonus trip canceled - Internet support to the rescue!

Back in April I got on the net to book a bonus trip (CPH-ORD) for my daughter for this fall. My parents have their 60'th anniversary, and my Mom turns 80. I recorded the res number, and noticed that the points were debited as normal.

The problem started yesterday when the mrs asked for a copy of the itinerary. I go to the website, and can't find a thing.

Yesterday I called EB support, and was told that the booking was canceled. After 2 hours of research the support person returned a call that went sort of like this:

SP: Someone, when making the reservation made a mistake with the cc information.

Me: That someone was me, and I put in a cc as I normally do. Points were debited, so where is my reservation?

SP: It was canceled, because someone, maybe a member of your family did not finish the booking process.

Me: That someone was me, and I did finish the booking, received a res number, and points were debited:

SP: I've returned your points to your account, so there is no problem with your points.

Me: I do not want the points back, I would like you to reinstate my reservation.

SP: Sorry, when there is a problem with the bonus reservation, the booking is automatically canceled.

Me: I just received an email 2 days ago about another bonus trip for 2 of my daughters where there was a problem with the CC, and was told to call EB support. I called them yesterday and we fixed the problem. What is the difference?

SP: When someone made this booking, they didn't finish it correctly.

Me: That someone was me. Why can't you understand that? What is so hard saying that I made a mistake?

SP: Sir, if you do not like what I am telling you, you can complain to customer relations.

Me: No, I would rather that you fix this problem. If I make a case of this, I will complain about you, and your lack of service.

SP: Sir, I do not like your tone.

Me: Ok, let's keep this simple. You start a sentence - "Sir, when you made the reservation for your daughter, you ..."

SP: Sir, when you made this reservation for your daughter, you made a mistake with the CC information, and the res was canceled.

Me: I did not make a mistake. I would like you to fix it so I have my reservation again.

Sp: I can not make a reservation for you. There are no dates available.

Me: I did not make a mistake. This is not the first time the website has messed up. Please contact your Internet support, and have them fix the problem. They have done it before.

SP: I do not think that that would help, but I will do some more asking around, and get back to you.
So, today Internet support called me, and an hour latter there was a new reservation.

The moral of the story is, when you have a problem caused by the website, call Internet support to get it fixed. EB support is a waste of time.