Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Bonus trip canceled - Internet support to the rescue!

Old Jul 8, 08, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)

Back in April I got on the net to book a bonus trip (CPH-ORD) for my daughter for this fall. My parents have their 60'th anniversary, and my Mom turns 80. I recorded the res number, and noticed that the points were debited as normal.

The problem started yesterday when the mrs asked for a copy of the itinerary. I go to the website, and can't find a thing.

Yesterday I called EB support, and was told that the booking was canceled. After 2 hours of research the support person returned a call that went sort of like this:

SP: Someone, when making the reservation made a mistake with the cc information.

Me: That someone was me, and I put in a cc as I normally do. Points were debited, so where is my reservation?

SP: It was canceled, because someone, maybe a member of your family did not finish the booking process.

Me: That someone was me, and I did finish the booking, received a res number, and points were debited:

SP: I've returned your points to your account, so there is no problem with your points.

Me: I do not want the points back, I would like you to reinstate my reservation.

SP: Sorry, when there is a problem with the bonus reservation, the booking is automatically canceled.

Me: I just received an email 2 days ago about another bonus trip for 2 of my daughters where there was a problem with the CC, and was told to call EB support. I called them yesterday and we fixed the problem. What is the difference?

SP: When someone made this booking, they didn't finish it correctly.

Me: That someone was me. Why can't you understand that? What is so hard saying that I made a mistake?

SP: Sir, if you do not like what I am telling you, you can complain to customer relations.

Me: No, I would rather that you fix this problem. If I make a case of this, I will complain about you, and your lack of service.

SP: Sir, I do not like your tone.

Me: Ok, let's keep this simple. You start a sentence - "Sir, when you made the reservation for your daughter, you ..."

SP: Sir, when you made this reservation for your daughter, you made a mistake with the CC information, and the res was canceled.

Me: I did not make a mistake. I would like you to fix it so I have my reservation again.

Sp: I can not make a reservation for you. There are no dates available.

Me: I did not make a mistake. This is not the first time the website has messed up. Please contact your Internet support, and have them fix the problem. They have done it before.

SP: I do not think that that would help, but I will do some more asking around, and get back to you.
So, today Internet support called me, and an hour latter there was a new reservation.

The moral of the story is, when you have a problem caused by the website, call Internet support to get it fixed. EB support is a waste of time.
Old Jul 8, 08, 3:31 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

WOW... I also had a very nasty conversation with Tallinn Eurobonus service for the US yesterday. A leg on my award booking was canceled, they were not very helpful at all when I tried to change the routing to get to my destination... Very rude.

By calling the Norwegian number, it worked like a charm!

My advise in situation like these, write down the name of the person you talk to and record the conversation if it starts to get nasty.
Old Jul 12, 08, 5:56 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I agree. The Tallinn people are generally not very helpful!

If you want to do something slightly out of the ordinary then an airport ticket office is the place to go. They seem to handle exceptions better, and are generally more helpful with things that are not entirely to the book.
Old Jul 12, 08, 6:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo,SPG Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum (IEC&FI)
I haven't had any nice experiences any time with SAS and their Tallinn service. I just avoid dealing with them completely.
Old Jul 12, 08, 7:04 am

Wonder how they will work it out for me. Booked CPH-PRG-CPH for me and the mrs. Then SK cancels the route, and after some calls to SAS was rebooked to QI. Then QI cancels the route ()- and after some calls to SAS, they state that they will get back to me.... Lets see.
Old Jul 12, 08, 12:28 pm

Programs: Star Gold
Originally Posted by miikka View Post
I haven't had any nice experiences any time with SAS and their Tallinn service. I just avoid dealing with them completely.
Me too, they've been even rude at times. The complete opposite to the Swedish people. I avoid EB in TLL at all costs.
Old Jul 13, 08, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
The person I spoke to spoke Danish with some sort of accent. Could that be Tallinn Eurobonus service?
Old Jul 14, 08, 12:38 am

Programs: SK, LH, AA, AY, AF, EK, HH, PC, Hertz
A while ago I was trying to book flights with points by calling the EBG-line for Finland in Tallinn. "There is no availability." was the answer. I tried to offer another days, but the availability seemed to be nowhere. I was confused, as I was quite sure that for that time of year and with the dates in question there should be availability for that leg with some *A combination.

Then I decided to send an e-mail to EB service which is apparently located at HEL. They responded the same day, that they have availability and the they are able to book me on LH/SK combination. That made the deal.

The lesson learned: don't bother calling SK "hotline". The service was basically rude and they couldn't help you at all.
Old Jul 14, 08, 2:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, AY Gold, BA Gold, TP Gold, IHG Spire AMB
Once I had EB trip booked via phone on route EWR-SFO and vv. It was early UA flight and they couldn't find my res in UA CI. Tried to call to the EB service but of course it was closed. Then I got internet access to checkmytrip.com and realized that there was not ticket number in the res. Then I called to the EB internet help desk and found out that they had written incorrectly my cc number and that caused the reservation to be on hold. The internet help person was really sorry and booked me new flights via ORD to SFO. After this I've always double-checked my res from checkmytrip.com.

On my last EB trip to MAN I specifically asked HEL-ARN-OSL-ARN-HEL and what she did was HEL-ARN-OSL-HEL. Once I got the resnumber I noticed this and called them again. First she couldn't find the OSL-ARN flight but after giving her the specific flight numbers she finally finished it but with two tix nbrs. NOT GOOD at all - well at least the woman was nicer than the Russian sounding man 6 months ago who was almost rude. Estonia is getting there but not quite yet.
Old Jul 14, 08, 2:32 pm

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Just got off the phone two hours ago with Eurobonus hotline Norway and can`t say that I am very impressed by the service. I was inquiring about the possibility of flying TG BKK-NRT-BKK or SQ SIN-NRT-SIN in F this fall, but all she said was that it was not possible...

SK`s web page shows an Star award chart that list such trips as a possibility at 60000 EB points, but she said that only M (30000) and C (45000) were available...

Anyone ever tried getting and securing a F class seat with EB points?

Cheers
Stein
Old Jul 14, 08, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Originally Posted by SASDC8 View Post
Just got off the phone two hours ago with Eurobonus hotline Norway and can`t say that I am very impressed by the service. I was inquiring about the possibility of flying TG BKK-NRT-BKK or SQ SIN-NRT-SIN in F this fall, but all she said was that it was not possible...
Have never tried using EB points for a F reward so I can't answer you on that one.

But I do recall that SQ is moving SIN-NRT-SIN to A380 service as soon as they get more planes. And I know I have read that you can't claim F awards in the A380. So that may be the reason. I noted on EF, however, that there should be one daily flight operated by a 744 having a "normal" F cabin.

On TG there are two daily flights operating with F so in theory it should be possible to find flights, but maybe TG needs to release them.
Old Jul 15, 08, 3:02 am

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the reply.

I have read about the no F on the 380 policy, but as you metion there is still a 747 flight by SQ.. And there is two TG 747 flights out of BKK. I think that UA also has a flight BKK-NRT and SIN-NRT.

But if there is no awailability why did she just not say so?? The impression I got was that F awards is not possible altogether....

Anyone got any experience redeeming points into F-tickets on TG, SQ, UA, LH or LX??

Last edited by SASDC8; Jul 15, 08 at 12:23 pm Reason: casepoint

Search this Thread
Search Engine: