Uncategorized

FlyerTalker: Busta Rhymes Threatened Me in First Class

FlyerTalker: Busta Rhymes Threatened Me in First Class
Meg Butler

We’ll say one thing, FlyerTalk gets around.

Not one but two FlyerTalkers have reported an incident on a British Airways flight (29 July 19: BA112 [JFK-LHR]) where rapper Busta Rhymes lost his cool.

What happened exactly? The quick summary of the FlyerTalk reports on the thread is that Busta Rhymes was upset at the amount of overhead bin space on his flight. Although there was room elsewhere in First Class, Busta Rhymes wanted to put his bags above his seat. However, a woman in 2E who boarded before him (and sat in a seat that did not have an overhead bin above it) had already stored her bags in the overhead bin above his seat.

According to the FlyerTalkers also in First Class on Busta’s flight, the rapper “immediately became aggressive” and asked the woman to move her items to the other side of the plane so that he could put his bags in their place. She broke into tears, her husband asked Busta Rhymes not to be rude, then FlyerTalker 81romeo stepped in and⁠—according to Reality Check, another FlyerTalker on the flight⁠—”courageously tried to defend [the couple].” In response, says RealityCheck, Busta Rhymes threatened 81romeo.

That’s when the Cabin Services Director got involved. When he asked if everyone felt safe continuing the flight while Busta Rhymes was on board, 81romeo said that he was fine to fly, but requested that the police meet the flight at the gate at their destination as he “felt not safe after his direct threats. I disembarked first escorted by Police and was asked to give a statement.”

No word on what happened after the flight so far, but keep checking in on the forum thread on the topic for more details. And, in the meantime, enjoy this blast from the past:

1. Darthbane2007

July 31, 2019 at 4:19 am

Celebs think they are above the law…

2. mnfilmer

July 31, 2019 at 5:12 am

The purser should have asked him to put his hand where her eyes could see.

3. Tharos

July 31, 2019 at 5:52 am

Entitled loser thugs who sing garbage for a living.

4. arcticflier

July 31, 2019 at 6:45 am

So 81romeo felt safe to be on theplane with Buster at 30K feet but he knew he would not feel safe several hours later when the plane landed?

This entire concept of feeling safe and feeling threatened has become nothing more than manipulation to play victim.

At the same time, shame on Buster for being such a PrimaDonna.

5. KimchiExpress

July 31, 2019 at 7:06 am

Yah, some people let fame go to their heads. Or maybe his was an a#$h#$e before he was famous.

Glad someone stepped in to help out. If I was in on the plane I would have busted out a Rap “Hey look at the a#$h#$e – must have drugs in his bags, blah, blah”

6. peter henry

July 31, 2019 at 8:46 am

DYKWIA ? No, and I don’t really care either.

7. Option7

July 31, 2019 at 9:16 am

I get a kick out if people that should know better than to think that the bin space above their seat is reserved exclusively for them. I’ve had this happen in first & coach from time to time where I’ve had to stop an angry flyer from removing someone else’s bag to make room for theirs. I’m 6’2”, 280 lbs so I don’t usually get threatened but I enjoy putting these idiots in their place. The flight attendants/pilots should have immediately stepped in to stop Busta Rhymes so if he threatened them then he would be removed from the aircraft. If you can’t be civil on an aircraft then you shouldn’t be allowed to fly commercially. Mr Rhymes & others that want to throw temper tantrums because they are spoiled have the option to charter their own plane so they can put their bags anywhere and berate the pilots, flight attendants & their guests as they please.

8. NoSleep

July 31, 2019 at 7:02 pm

I have had many people who are not celebrities demand that I move my bag or smash it or tell the attendants they have the RIGHT to extra overhead space. I may not be 6’Tall but I can stand up to bullies. I am sick and tired of people who think they are “special”. I hope the next time I say NO some others stand up with me.

9. dv7834

July 31, 2019 at 11:16 pm

Never heard of him.

10. Snuggs

August 1, 2019 at 3:24 am

So what kind of buffoon writes about someone committing a criminal act and then rewards that behavior by posting their music video?

11. pickledtink

August 1, 2019 at 4:15 am

Well in that video he appears to be calm, reasonable and not at all aggressive. Also due to his work and the rapper persona habitually carrying expensive equipment and jewellery he wanted his stuff near him.
    If I’m paying eye watering amounts to travel I’d also expect there to be space for my valuables close by.
    Other reports claim he was indeed patronised by the locker hogger and doubts raised as to his presence in the first class cabin by the other passengers. The whole thing smacks of unpleasant passive aggressive bullying by the woman, her husband and the other passenger, who as Busta rightfully said had no need to butt in on the conversation.
    The flight crew should have smoothed this out immediately but I don’t have much sympathy for the weeping accuser who thought it was her right to assume all the storage over his seat was only for her. Ridiculous entitled behaviour. If anyone was rude it was her.

12. Maestro Ramen

August 4, 2019 at 10:33 am

Absolutely have to agree with Pickle here; guy is calm, certainly not threatening. May have had a DYKWIA moment about his bags or not, but I don’t see what’s worth calling the police about…