Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest alterative for long term parking at Newark airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2006, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Cheapest alterative for long term parking at Newark airport

Plan to fly out of Newark Intl airport. I will need to bring my car and park for about 12-14 days. Whats the cheapest why for long term parking or is the long term parking lot at Newark airport the best solution?
Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2006, 2:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
DO NOT use Park2Go in Elizabeth...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=5290

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=5290
Old Sep 15, 2006, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
ABC parking is $9/day (all-in, no parking tax) if you make a reservation here and print the coupon. That's the cheapest place I've found. I've used them many times. They are reliable, though their van seems to be a bit slower of late.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 6:32 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Talking Park for Fee Hampton Inn EWR

Park for free at the Hampton Inn Newark Airport..just take the shuttle to/from station "P4" and tip the driver $1..and park for a week free..they never check..just smile and waive at the "guard" at the hampton inn parking lot..and she just opens the gate..I use it all the time for years..and the Hampton Inn employees are even nice about it.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 6:51 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
Park for free at the Hampton Inn Newark Airport..just take the shuttle to/from station "P4" and tip the driver $1..and park for a week free..they never check..just smile and waive at the "guard" at the hampton inn parking lot..and she just opens the gate..I use it all the time for years..and the Hampton Inn employees are even nice about it.
I hope one day when its the biggest problem for you, they tow your car!
Old Sep 15, 2006, 11:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
Originally Posted by xyzzy
ABC parking is $9/day (all-in, no parking tax) if you make a reservation here and print the coupon. That's the cheapest place I've found. I've used them many times. They are reliable, though their van seems to be a bit slower of late.
No AMEX at ABC though...if it matters to you...

- HF
Old Sep 16, 2006, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry, SW A-List Preferred
Another vote for ABC Parking.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xyzzy
They are reliable, though their van seems to be a bit slower of late.
Say it ain't so. I don't park at EWR often, but when I do I always use ABC. Their facilities are decrepit, but I LOVE the lightning-fast pick up. So I'm going to be sad if they make me wait.

That said, for 9 bucks, there's still probably not a better alternative (unless one-way car rental works out cheaper -- price it, for 12-14 days, it MIGHT be cheaper if you play the car rental discount codes).
Old Sep 16, 2006, 9:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iahphx
Say it ain't so. I don't park at EWR often, but when I do I always use ABC. Their facilities are decrepit, but I LOVE the lightning-fast pick up. So I'm going to be sad if they make me wait.

That said, for 9 bucks, there's still probably not a better alternative (unless one-way car rental works out cheaper -- price it, for 12-14 days, it MIGHT be cheaper if you play the car rental discount codes).
As the person who 1st posted about ABC back when, I have to say I just parked with them last week for 7 days. they still have great service, however it seems that EWR makes them now pick-up and drop off at T-A & B on the very bottom level and by the parking lot.

which means you have to take the escalator up a few levels or down when arriving to the level below Baggage Claim. At T-C its still at the 2nd island- no change. It was a bit of a surprise as the last time I used them (usually I was dropped off and picked up by a family member) they dropped me at the Departure Level of the Term, this time I had 2 checked bags and my carry-on, it was a good thing 1 of the bags was my Garmet bag w/o wheels , so it was doable.

I was taking the car in and out as I was passing thru EWR 2 days in a row and they simply let me prepay for the 3 days so I didnt have to wait and pay each time.

and YES make sure you make ares and print the coupon for the $9 via Longtermparking.com otherwise its $10 (still a bargain).

They are still top notch in my book
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craz
As the person who 1st posted about ABC back when, I have to say I just parked with them last week for 7 days. they still have great service, however it seems that EWR makes them now pick-up and drop off at T-A & B on the very bottom level and by the parking lot.
Yup, craz, you were pitching ABC before ABC was cool. I certainly thank you for the tip -- they've been a cut above every other airport parking lot I use.

And whoever you use at EWR, just be glad you don't need to park at JFK. It's truly frightening there. I'm personally glad JetBlue raised their fares so I'm not tempted to use that airport. And I just hope I never need a nonstop to Pakistan or such.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 8:33 am

ABC works for me, (probably faster to the terminal, than a bad spot at on-airport parking), also $9.00 and no tax, for some reason.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Originally Posted by sam-i-am
also $9.00 and no tax, for some reason.
ABC is in Elizabeth just like Corporate Parking. Elizabeth doesn't have a parking tax. Newark does.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold, US, Delta, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt
Hotel Park & Fly

A number of hotels near the airport have room rates that include free parking for 1-2 weeks. Generally, the rates are only $20-30 higher than the discounted internet rate which does not include parking. If you're leaving on an early morning flight, it's much more convenient to drive in the night before and just take the hotel shuttle to the airport. If you're parking for a week, the total cost (including room) is sometimes comparable to parking for the week at the airport. If you're a member of the hotel's frequent stay program, you get stay/night credit for the stay.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 8:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PT22064
A number of hotels near the airport have room rates that include free parking for 1-2 weeks. Generally, the rates are only $20-30 higher than the discounted internet rate which does not include parking. If you're leaving on an early morning flight, it's much more convenient to drive in the night before and just take the hotel shuttle to the airport. If you're parking for a week, the total cost (including room) is sometimes comparable to parking for the week at the airport. If you're a member of the hotel's frequent stay program, you get stay/night credit for the stay.
ABC cost me $63 for a week of parking, plus you get a 3 hr buffer when picking up ( meaning park at 7pm for 3 days , you get back to them at 9:30pm you pay for 3 days and not 4 days or any extra for the 2 1/2 hrs you went over).

I dont know of any Hotel that will let me stay and park for $79-99 including tax. And if there is 1 I highly doubt that I would want to stay in such aplace , even for just 1 night.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craz
ABC cost me $63 for a week of parking, plus you get a 3 hr buffer when picking up
I always wondered what the grace period was. I never wanted to ask, for fear they would charge me for an extra day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.