problem with ITA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

problem with ITA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2006, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by ITA Hacker
Please don't spread disinformation about the capabilities of our site.
I understand your side of things, but this problem was encountered by many people on the DL forum and every time we mentioned it we got the same (borderline) hostile response.

If it doesn't work for that many people, it's not disinformation.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:00 am
Company Representative - ITA Software

Originally Posted by mtparadis
I understand your side of things, but this problem was encountered by many people on the DL forum and every time we mentioned it we got the same (borderline) hostile response.

If it doesn't work for that many people, it's not disinformation.
I'm sorry that you interpreted my previous responses as hostile - I certainly didn't intend for them to come across this way. That's not the face ITA would like to be showing to the world.

Whenever I respond that we believe that our system implements a functionality correctly, I do try to ask for examples of the problem so that we can investigate. I personally monitor the mail that comes in through our website, and despite what seem to be a large number of complaints on FlyerTalk, we have received very few examples of such pricing problems over the last few months (and none whatsoever in the last few weeks). In the end, only a small fraction of the reports that we do receive turn out to be availability related.

Because we don't offer a booking path on the matrix site (which would allow us to see that a particular solution actually can't be booked), your submissions of these examples are about the only way we have of knowing about problems on the site!

And we do appreciate the problem reports. Many times over the last few years those reports have identified problems weeks or even months before any of our customers noticed them!
Old Aug 3, 2006, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by stivstiv
So how much was it to fly MIA-LIM-NAS anyway? Perhaps you're on to something
Did we ever get a quote on this? If it's the same as going MIA-NAS nonstop - what a deal!
Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:18 pm
Suspended

I recently found a fare with ITA that seems not to be bookable with either Expedia, Orbitz, nor Travelocity.
I am looking at BOS-CDG, AMS-BOS I [open jaw]. On ITA it shows for about $1125 in T,H class. When I run the same query in Orbitz, I initially get the same fare but when I continue, Orbitz says: "were sorry, this fare is no longer available". And the price changes to $1270! Now booking in V,H class.

I have run this query all day long. ITA and Orbitz never agree. What is going on??
Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:31 am

[QUOTE=ITA Hacker;6167625]I'm sorry that you interpreted my previous responses as hostile - I certainly didn't intend for them to come across this way. That's not the face ITA would like to be showing to the world.QUOTE]

I did not read your reply as hostile. Some FT's seem to always be looking for hostility. As you suggested, we should be willing to submit any discrepancy(s) as you seem to be on top of these when they are sent to you.

ITA is one of the best search tools on the web. Keep up the good work!
Old Jan 17, 2007, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hertz Pres, Avis Pres, Marriott Platinum
Also just beacuse ITA shows the routing or flights as valid it does not mean the airline "likes" to book it that way.

I had a ORD-ORF-IAD-PHL-NYC-IAD-ORD run last year but the NYC-IAD flight was not listed as a valid connecting flight from the PHL-NYC flight. I had to call web support and it took them quite awhile to get to someone that would put it in the way I wanted.

Just remember that many airline sites may not show the routings you see on ITA, but I have found if you push hard enough they will book them many times.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 1:44 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hertz Pres, Avis Pres, Marriott Platinum
ITA Only allowing 4 segments...

Is anyone else having the problem with ITA not allowing more then 4 segments? I used to do 6 no problem and for some reason today it only lets me add one and then takes away the button to add more...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.