Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham points for vacation rentals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Hello, does anyone know if I can use wyndham points for free stay at any vacation rentals? I called up the 800 number, and the agent said there's available for Wyndham Bali Hai Villas starting September 18, and he said I can book online; however, when I get online, it says not available.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

I found the answer in case anyone else is interested. Have to call in and cannot be done online.

http://onemagnetavisit.blogspot.com/...ds-points.html
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by flybie
I found the answer in case anyone else is interested. Have to call in and cannot be done online.

This link is very useful! thank you!

I played around a bit and found out that the blog explained that the room needs to be one bedroom/studio to redeem 15000 pts but the room name can be one bedroom/villa or one bedroom/condo.

Last edited by lincoln boy; Sep 25, 2017 at 8:46 am
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by flybie

Wonderful info, thank you. I called a few months back and the Wyndham Clearwater Beach was not available on points ( even though I read others had stayed on points) but I see it listed so maybe it's all set now.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Wonderful info, thank you. I called a few months back and the Wyndham Clearwater Beach was not available on points ( even though I read others had stayed on points) but I see it listed so maybe it's all set now.
i checked that property today for random dates but their lowest room type seems to be unavailable. Probably that is why the property is considered not available on points for some people. If you can find the lowest room type available, then it is definitely bookable.

FYI, some properties have blackout dates.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
i checked that property today for random dates but their lowest room type seems to be unavailable. Probably that is why the property is considered not available on points for some people. If you can find the lowest room type available, then it is definitely bookable.

FYI, some properties have blackout dates.
I looked for April 2018 and the nights were available.

My wife called months ago ( for April 2018) and the Wyndham person said that property was not yet part of the program ( It had opened recently but people on this forum said they had stayed there) but they were working on it .

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndh...ter-beach.html
lincoln boy likes this.

Last edited by flyer4512; Sep 25, 2017 at 9:20 pm
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:43 am

I looked for April 2018 and the nights were available.

My wife called months ago ( for April 2018) and the Wyndham person said that property was not yet part of the program ( It had opened recently but people on this forum said they had stayed there) but they were working on it .

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndh...ter-beach.html

Just curious about the room type. It looks to me that Hotel King Intracoastal view is the lowest room type but this is unavailable for many dates that I searched. Is this room type that you found availability? or One bedroom presidential? One bedroom presidential looks incredibly nice for 15000 pts.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:18 am

Just curious about the room type. It looks to me that Hotel King Intracoastal view is the lowest room type but this is unavailable for many dates that I searched. Is this room type that you found availability? or One bedroom presidential? One bedroom presidential looks incredibly nice for 15000 pts.
4/14/2017 - 4/17/2017

One bedroom Deluxe

The person she talked to made it quite clear that they were not accepting points at the time ( never even asked for dates) and that they were hoping things would be all set in a month or so

I already booked our 2018 spring vacation so I will try to book the Wyndham Clearwater for April 2019.

It looks like you can only book until August 2018 at the moment so my April 2019 dates most likely won't be available until June 2018 so I will try to book in JUne
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:36 am

4/14/2017 - 4/17/2017

One bedroom Deluxe

The person she talked to made it quite clear that they were not accepting points at the time ( never even asked for dates) and that they were hoping things would be all set in a month or so

I already booked our 2018 spring vacation so I will try to book the Wyndham Clearwater for April 2019.

It looks like you can only book until August 2018 at the moment so my April 2019 dates most likely won't be available until June 2018 so I will try to book in JUne

It's good to know that the lowest room type is one bedroom deluxe. I wish there is an easier way to know the lowest room type. One bedroom Deluxe looks awesome!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:42 am

It's good to know that the lowest room type is one bedroom deluxe. I wish there is an easier way to know the lowest room type. One bedroom Deluxe looks awesome!
I'm assuming that is the lowest room type as I didn't check other dates to see what is available

Staying in the condo vs the hotel also saves about $75 a day in parking and resort fees plus a nicer room

Are you going to try to book now ?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:22 pm

I'm assuming that is the lowest room type as I didn't check other dates to see what is available

Staying in the condo vs the hotel also saves about $75 a day in parking and resort fees plus a nicer room

Are you going to try to book now ?

I was debating whether or not I should take advantage of the masterpass 7500 points promotion and found out that Wyndham all-inclusive properties are decent and wide open. A few days ago I learned that Wyndham has really nice vacation properties for only 15,000 points. Then, I came across your Clearwater post and definitely decided to collect wyndham rewards points. Seriously the Clearwater property looks stunning!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:50 pm

I was debating whether or not I should take advantage of the masterpass 7500 points promotion and found out that Wyndham all-inclusive properties are decent and wide open. A few days ago I learned that Wyndham has really nice vacation properties for only 15,000 points. Then, I came across your Clearwater post and definitely decided to collect wyndham rewards points. Seriously the Clearwater property looks stunning!
You should call the number and see if it's available for the 15K regardless of dates, there is a new Wyndham hotel next door but the Condos are much nicer and cheaper. BTW, as of now the Wyndham credit card is churnable, I have done it at least 6 times and so has my wife

We have property in the Clearwater Beach area and love it, Gulf BLVD to St ete beach is awesome
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:16 pm

You should call the number and see if it's available for the 15K regardless of dates, there is a new Wyndham hotel next door but the Condos are much nicer and cheaper. BTW, as of now the Wyndham credit card is churnable, I have done it at least 6 times and so has my wife

We have property in the Clearwater Beach area and love it, Gulf BLVD to St ete beach is awesome

I know that it is churnable but 6 times for each?? wow
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:11 pm

I know that it is churnable but 6 times for each?? wow
Over the past 3 or so years. We each have about 150K WR POINTS as we spent some and did not always get the 45K offer.

We have 12 nights in a Condo in Hawaii planned for next year plus 9 nights in Clearwater so we are going to start using them.

Here is a trick I stumbled upon. When you get your next Wyndham card DO NOT put a Wyndham rewards account number on the credit card application. They will create a new Wyndham account for you, when they do merge your old account into the new one and ALL of your points will have an expiration date of 4 years.

Last edited by flyer4512; Sep 26, 2017 at 4:47 pm
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:18 pm

Over the past 2 or so years. We each have about 150K WR POINTS as we spent some and did not always get the 45K offer.

We have 12 nights in a Condo in Hawaii planned for next year plus 9 nights in Clearwater so we are going to start using them.

Here is a trick I stumbled upon. When you get your next Wyndham card DO NOT put a Wyndham rewards account number on the credit card application. They will create a new Wyndham account for you, when they do merge your old account into the new one and ALL of your points will have an expiration date of 4 years.

Thanks for the great trick. I will use it for sure!
I am just wondering which condo in Hawaii you booked. there are a handful of properties to choose from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.