Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Cancelling wyndham hotel reservations is impossible

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling wyndham hotel reservations is impossible

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down Cancelling wyndham hotel reservations is impossible

Made reservations at a Wyndham hotel. Plans changed.
Look for a way to cancel online. Didn't find one.
Found a link to "review reservation" thinking that this would lead to a cancellation link. It didn't. Got to a site that said "This website is temporarily unavailable but we'll be back soon!" ugghh
Called to cancel. After providing approximately 10 fields of information the call ended.

So...... I think I'm done with Wyndham.......
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not true.

I just cancelled a reservation online this morning.

Now, it wasn't as easy to find as you might expect. It's not a big "Cancel" button like at many other hotel programs. It's a link of plain text "cancel this reservation" buried right after a long paragraph. (Next to it as nother plain text "modify this reservation" link, and then other stuff that's not links again.)

And you can't get to it without already having the confirmation number (and thus you better have saved your confirmation email or else a printout of the confirmation web page).

Now, you may have a different experience the one time you tried it, but what you described above simply sounds like the website having temporary problems.

If you're going to leave a hotel program every time their website glitches, you're going to have to leave not just WyndhamRewards, but also Choice, IHG, and Hilton, at the very least (all have websites glitchy enough to not be able to do everything with reservations every time you need to), and threads in those forums complaining about that.

Anyway, welcome to FlyerTalk, Present_all.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 6, 2015 at 7:33 pm
Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:52 pm

Cancellations ARE possible

Originally Posted by Present_all
Made reservations at a Wyndham hotel. Plans changed.
Look for a way to cancel online. Didn't find one.
Found a link to "review reservation" thinking that this would lead to a cancellation link. It didn't. Got to a site that said "This website is temporarily unavailable but we'll be back soon!" ugghh
Called to cancel. After providing approximately 10 fields of information the call ended.

So...... I think I'm done with Wyndham.......
__________________________________________________ ___________

I've made multiple cancellations (even by phone when the website wasn't convenient). It helps to be a gold member - and patient.

I'm sticking with Wyndham

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.