Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham Grand Desert reviews? [moved from Las Vegas forum]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

Heading to Vegas over President's Day weekend for a gymnastics meet at Bally's.

Looks like you can rent condos out at this place through AirBNB/VRBO/etc. without having to sit through a sales presentation. We are looking for a 2BD condo with a full kitchen, and these fit the bill quite nicely. Other option would be something at the MGM Signature.

Anyone stay at the Grand Desert recently?

Edited to add: how is the walk to/from the strip in the dark? Would it be too shady with two small children?

Last edited by pseudoswede; Oct 22, 2014 at 2:58 pm
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: Alaska, Shell VC, Wyndham VC, Starwood, RCI, II--I bought it on eBay!
Wyndham's Grand Desert is a great resort, and I recommend it for families, especially the timeshare/ condo experience. We have stayed there many times.

Just don't go on a sales presentation for timeshare points. Lord, it's awful. It's a high-pressure sales pitch with virtually no benefits to buying directly from the developer, so the salespeople lie through their teeth. Wyndham is the worst. Resale is so cheap.

I would feel safe enough walking, and I am nearly 60, but it's up to you.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Hi There!

I'll be staying in a 3 bedroom deluxe suite in late August for my brother's birthday. I'm very excited. It looks really nice! Any tips for the resort? I do have a couple questions...
  • Does anyone know how expensive the cabana rentals are?
  • What kinds of cabanas are available? Some look like more loungey type cabanas - others seem to have tables.
  • BBQs... I see there are BBQs available for grilling. Any reservations needed for these?
Thanks!

Update: To add my own research here for anyone it might help... $100 / day cabana rentals during the week, $125 / day rentals on the weekend.

Last edited by hungarianhc; Jul 9, 2015 at 12:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.