Search

Bonus points posting timeframe?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K
Bonus points posting timeframe?

I was signed up for a promo where i could earn 1,000 United miles per stay during the summer (2+stays?). The points have not posted yet to my United account and i cannot find any mention of it after the promo ended. I believe its 6-8 weeks but I can not figure out what the actual end date was. Any way to find out? I don't usually participate in hotel promos and pick who is cheaper but I'm trying to top off for my last UA trip.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm confused. Have your normal United miles (10 per dollar spent on the room rate, or whatever it is exactly) posted, but just not 1000 bonus? Or have no United miles posted at all?

And if you log in to your WyndhamRewards account, (a) do you see the stays listed under account activity, and if so what does it say there, and (b) do you have your earning preference set to United (with the correct United member number)?

When I've earned miles on stays, they usually show up at the WyndhamRewads account activity first, but then it can take a week or two before they show up at the airline site. Normal programwide bonuses (ie, ones where it doesn't matter what branad you stay at) post (to the WyndhamRewards account activity) at the same time as the base miles earning.

However, I have never participated in any brand-specific promos (which I think the 1000 bonus miles you're referring to might have been), because it's always been for brands that I didn't want to stay at (due to either price or location or whatever). So I don't know if they post differently.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I got the normal stay points posted to the UA account within a few days of the stays. It was a promo for 1K extra miles for each stay after the first to be credited after the promo was completed.

I just noticed I'm being offered a fall promo to earn UA points and terms state 6-8 weeks for bonus, I assume that's probably the same timeframe as the summer promo. it sure feels like it was that long since I last traveled but i guess if one were to consider end of August being end of summer its only been around 6 weeks. I probably need to keep holding on.

It would be nice if the Wyndham site had a secton for recently ended promos on the account page vs only listing currently enrolled ongoing promos.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:58 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Our Summer miles promotion was for double miles starting on your second stay at participating Wyndham Hotel & Resorts, Hawthorn, TRYP, Dream and Night properties between the dates of May 20, 2014 and September 5, 2014 with a maximum of 3 bonuses.

If you had a promotion for 1,000 bonus miles it must have been offered by United. To get more details on the dates and when you will receive miles for a promotion through them you would need to contact United Mileage Plus directly.

Originally Posted by CDKing
I got the normal stay points posted to the UA account within a few days of the stays. It was a promo for 1K extra miles for each stay after the first to be credited after the promo was completed.

I just noticed I'm being offered a fall promo to earn UA points and terms state 6-8 weeks for bonus, I assume that's probably the same timeframe as the summer promo. it sure feels like it was that long since I last traveled but i guess if one were to consider end of August being end of summer its only been around 6 weeks. I probably need to keep holding on.

It would be nice if the Wyndham site had a secton for recently ended promos on the account page vs only listing currently enrolled ongoing promos.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I remember being on the wyndham site when i found out about the promo. It was listed under the Promotion tracker after i signed up. Would promos run by third parties be listed here? The screenshot is from today but back when the summer promo was running it was listed in the same place

Old Oct 19, 2014, 1:35 pm

The promotion showing in your screenshot was the Summer "points" promotion. In order for members to have been able to earn those bonus points they would have had to had their earning preference set to earn Wyndham Rewards points.

I see by the recent activity on your screenshot that you had been earning miles on your stays during the promotion time frame therefore you did not qualify for the bonus points.

I remember being on the wyndham site when i found out about the promo. It was listed under the Promotion tracker after i signed up. Would promos run by third parties be listed here? The screenshot is from today but back when the summer promo was running it was listed in the same place

Old Oct 19, 2014, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It was different, i wish i did a screenshot. The one time i didn't screenshot i run into this. I went looking for emails confirming enrollment but couldn't find any. Only found confirmation of the currently enrolled promo.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you sure it was just summer / all summer, and not late spring through mid-summer? Late spring through mid-summer was when the points bonus was 8000 points on your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stay. I could imagine that perhaps there might have been a miles version of that promo that was just 1000 miles on your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stay.

That promo started in late spring but ended in mid-summer, so I'm wondering if that (rather than Wyndham's promo for late summer) is what you're thinking of?

The thread on the points version was:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndh...us-points.html

WyndhamRewards doesn't neatly divide their promos into seasons, so "summer" promo can be confusing as to what exact time period it covered.

Btw, you made two mistakes: not only did you make a screenshot, but you didn't come here to FlyerTalk to announce the promo. No one else here seems to have heard of it, and if it was not at the same time as the 8000 points promo (the best promo of the year to date for WR points collectors), then it would have big news. (If it was at the same time as the 8000 points promo, it would have been non-news, because 8000 points covert to at least 1000 miles, and so why not earn points and then convert to miles if it's 8000 points for a stay?)
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:01 am

I apologize, however we have not had a recent promotion for 1,000 bonus miles.

Our "Summer Miles Promotion" was for double miles on the second, third and fourth stays at participating locations between May 20, 2014 and September 5, 2014, and to have qualified for that promotion members did need to register for it.

I can check on the history of your account for what promotions you have been registered for. If you would like me to check this for you please private message me your name, member number, phone number and address and I would be happy to look up this information for you.

It was different, i wish i did a screenshot. The one time i didn't screenshot i run into this. I went looking for emails confirming enrollment but couldn't find any. Only found confirmation of the currently enrolled promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.