Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rate Wyndham Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
The post above reminded me what happened last year when I went to book my first rewards stay.....

I too noticed that I could not do so online. Hmm....no problem so I called the 800# and told them where I wanted to book. Very specific....Koloa Landing, Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii.

This rep insisted that they did not have this property...not at all. Didn't exist. I said "I am looking at it now on the internet". Said it is 30K points per night. Nope...he continued to argue about this not being a Wyndham property....

I gave him the benefit of the doubt... I really did. I even tried to help him with how to spell Poipu, Kauai and Hawaii! He couldn't accept the fact that he was wrong. Finally I pushed for a manager and of course they found it right away and booked my rewards stay!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by sargenet
Have you tried to contact the hotel directly to get credit? Sounds like you will have to dispute with the credit card company if the local hotel refuses to credit you for the duplicate stay. Because "each hotel is individually owned and operated" right?

There was just an instance someone posted about on Facebook where they booked a weekend room. Then they changed the dates of the room online to a week earlier. They even got a written confirmation with the new dates. They showed up at the hotel and the hotel told them "No...you have a room the following weekend and we can't help you...we are sold out". Did not matter that they had something in writing!!! In their hand. The hotel didn't even offer them compensation or try to find them another room. They could not find another room anywhere and had to go home!!!
Well, I had called the hotel property itself several times and initially felt like I was getting the run around. I was first told that I booked twice, which is why I was charged twice. Called the main number and they couldn't help me, said I had to call the hotel. Called the hotel, and they said to call back another time to speak with the billing department. Called another time and spoke with the billing department, who told me I had to call back to speak with a specific person at the hotel. Called back and asked for that specific person and was told that the person with whom I was speaking could help me!

Anyways, I guess once I reached the correct person, we figured out the trouble and she was extremely nice and accommodating. Took care of the charge on the spot and it's already been credited with a receipt from the hotel. I spoke too soon regarding the extra charge not being credited. It was an honest mistake and they took care of things without issue once I reached the correct person.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I think it's pretty ridiculous to have a policy of unavoidable expiration after 4 years if there's no easy way to tell when your points are going to expire. While Choice has a tougher expiration period (2 to 2.999 years, on Dec 31), it's easy to find out when your points will expire on Choice's site and use them before you lose them.
Absolutely, this expiry policy, together with
- often no answer to emails
- often targeted promos

make me to give them a low rating of D

All the good points, like
- good redemption values etc

are considered in my D rating
Old Nov 13, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, Wyndham and virtually no activity on a couple of others
Spoke too soon

Originally Posted by DavesInn
Wyndham Rewards - UK member

Pros:
  • Very reliable complementary welcome bag with water (occasionally fizzy drink) and milky way, twix, (occasionally bag of crisps).

Summary:
At least you can guarantee complementary drinking water in your room, B-
I spoke too soon. Just booked into a UK Days Inn. I asked about, e.g. a bottle of water..."Oh, no, we don't do that here". Into the room and there is the membership leaflet: "Free snack & drink". Oh well, at least the wifi is stronger than normal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.