Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Kauai: Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach by Wyndham

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kauai: Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach by Wyndham

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
We are still researching this for you and I will let you know once I hear anything regarding this.
Do you have a concrete answer on this? I just received an email back from Wyndham saying they see nothing about this property leaving the program, and I should be able to book rewards, so...
Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:52 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
The Wyndham Koloa will no longer be a Wyndham Hotel and Resort at the end of this year.

Originally Posted by yoshapman
Do you have a concrete answer on this? I just received an email back from Wyndham saying they see nothing about this property leaving the program, and I should be able to book rewards, so...
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:57 am

Ahh, more proof that Wyndham has no idea what they're talking about. The Koloa location just opened up nights in 2016, so for anyone interested, I'd hurry and book before it goes away again. Got 6 nights in Jan 2016.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by yoshapman
Ahh, more proof that Wyndham has no idea what they're talking about. The Koloa location just opened up nights in 2016, so for anyone interested, I'd hurry and book before it goes away again. Got 6 nights in Jan 2016.
Thank you. I was so disappointed not being able to get reservations there. That was the only reason my wife and I got the credit card. Made the spend. Got 90,000 points (2 cards) and then was shut out.
Just made reservations in June for 6 nights in 2-bedroom. First visit to Kauai. We have been going to Maui every year for ten years. It is a great deal even with construction on-going.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:17 pm

was also able to book in February 2016 for 4 nights. got a 15k bonus promotion from the wyndham card. curious. I am not planning to cancel my reservation at the westin in princeville for the same dates until there are some confirmed stays in January 2016. Wyndham isnt exactly acting in a way that generates confidence
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:01 pm

@Wyndham Rewards 2

If this property is leaving at the end of this year, will the award reservations made for next year be valid?
Old Jul 26, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by munna82
@Wyndham Rewards 2

If this property is leaving at the end of this year, will the award reservations made for next year be valid?
Yes I would like to know this as well. In my experience with other types of redemptions from other hotels, generally they are NOT honored (you do get the points back though). It would be nice if they told us exactly what is going on so we don't screw ourselves in the foot!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
The Wyndham Koloa will no longer be a Wyndham Hotel and Resort at the end of this year.
Anyone know who's getting the property?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:48 pm

Interesting find when I was trying to add one extra night to my points booking at Koloa landing next February. An additional option came up at the Club Wyndham Bali Hai in Princeville. 15k for a one bedroom, each additional bedroom is an extra 15k, up to 3 bedrooms. You have to call in to check availability and to book. Terms say you have to complete stay by December 31st, 2015. The strange part is that the offer only came up when I searched in 2016. The dates I checked in 2015 did not display the Bali Hai option. If Koloa ends up canceling all the 2016 bookings from Wyndham the Club Wyndham Bali Hai would be a decent alternative if Wyndham could transfer the bookings over...
Old Aug 20, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: nothing but freebies
So is it gone again? Do not see any award availability this and next year..
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by edta450
So is it gone again? Do not see any award availability this and next year..
Maybe when availability opened up yesterday morning everyone booked what was available. I can confirm it was available yesterday morning.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by mulbry
Interesting find when I was trying to add one extra night to my points booking at Koloa landing next February. An additional option came up at the Club Wyndham Bali Hai in Princeville. 15k for a one bedroom, each additional bedroom is an extra 15k, up to 3 bedrooms. You have to call in to check availability and to book. Terms say you have to complete stay by December 31st, 2015. The strange part is that the offer only came up when I searched in 2016. The dates I checked in 2015 did not display the Bali Hai option. If Koloa ends up canceling all the 2016 bookings from Wyndham the Club Wyndham Bali Hai would be a decent alternative if Wyndham could transfer the bookings over...
I tried to call in and book about a month ago at the Bali Hai. (Thats the only way to book btw). They said that you cannot book 1 bedrooms with the Go Fast rate and the only rooms available to book were the 2 bedrooms or more. Since the rate is 3000+$75 PER bedroom, it would work out to be 6000 points plus $150 for 2 bedrooms (1 of which I wouldn't need). So I booked into the Koloa landing for 3 nights and 4 at the GH.

The rep also mentioned that in fact the only property that released 1 bedrooms under this offer was the Vegas property. So unless you need 2 bedrooms - the offer is useless. May have some value otherwise.

As far as availability goes - I still see rooms available on points throughout the end of the year..
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:07 pm

awards available again at Koloa Landing

I have recently found a bunch of reward dates in 2016 as far out as late September using the website. I was able to book a reward stay and then confirm it directly with the hotel.

Just a warning, I had a weird experience when searching for availability. I normally would put in just a 1 night stay looking for availability. Near the end of my search, I found a week in September 2016 where it would show no availability for short stays (I forget, but I think up to 2 or 3 nights), but when I included those very same dates in a longer stay, it suddenly worked. I tried it a few times to verify. So keep that in mind when hunting for availability.

I don't know if this helped: Instead of using the main Wyndham Rewards webpage to search for dates, I used it to get to get to a Wyndham Hotels webpage just for that hotel. In other words, at wyndhamrewards.com, I put in 'Koloa' in the 'Where do you want to stay' field, and it listed the Koloa landing hotel as '1.Wyndham Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach Wyndham Grand Resort'.

Then I clicked on that hotel, and was taken to a wyndham.com webpage dedicated to that hotel. Then I clicked on 'Reservations' and then entered the desired dates and checked 'Redeem Wyndham Points'. You have to have a maximum of 4 people to bring up rooms available for award stay. This is because the only rooms available for reward stay are 1 bedroom units, which hold a maximum of 4 people according to the website algorithm. If you are 4 adults and a child, call the hotel and see if they will allow it; but in terms of the website, you cannot say 4 adults and 1 kid.

Good luck!
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:34 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Hi there! Sorry for the late response. The latest update we received was that the Koloa Landing property will no long be a Wyndham property as of October 31, 2016.

Originally Posted by munna82
@Wyndham Rewards 2

Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:25 am

Hi there! Sorry for the late response. The latest update we received was that the Koloa Landing property will no long be a Wyndham property as of October 31, 2016.
Great news, using 6 days in January so should be all set

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.