another eye makeup question--which brands least irritating?

Subscribe
i am getting back to eye makeup and everytime i wear it, my eyes are totally red the next few days. this is with almay, and has been true with department store brands in the past. i am using fresh products. what brands/colors/lines are least irritating to sensitive eyese? if you have experience and recommendations , i would greatly appreciate it.
Quote: i am getting back to eye makeup and everytime i wear it, my eyes are totally red the next few days. this is with almay, and has been true with department store brands in the past. i am using fresh products. what brands/colors/lines are least irritating to sensitive eyese? if you have experience and recommendations , i would greatly appreciate it.
Bare Escentials/Bare Minerals is about all my skin will tolerate
thanks, Lehava, where are these sold?
My eyelids are sensitive too. I've found the Laura Mercier eye shadows to be non-irritating.

I've also tried some mineral make-up brands that are great too. Bare Escentuals is on the pricey side. Some other companies have sample packs that go for $1 or less. Some suggestions for other companies:

Lumiere Cosmetics

Alima Cosmetics

Fyrinnae
Quote: My eyelids are sensitive too. I've found the Laura Mercier eye shadows to be non-irritating.

I've also tried some mineral make-up brands that are great too. Bare Escentuals is on the pricey side. Some other companies have sample packs that go for $1 or less. Some suggestions for other companies:

Lumiere Cosmetics

Alima Cosmetics

Fyrinnae
i have never heard of any of thses==where are they sold?
Quote: thanks, Lehava, where are these sold?
sephora, qvc, their own boutiques (http://www.bareminerals.com/ has a location locator)
I really like the Aveda liquid shadows - the come in a small tube (TSA-approved size), you apply with a fingertip, they last forever and never irritate (me anyway).
Quote: My eyelids are sensitive too. I've found the Laura Mercier eye shadows to be non-irritating.

Lumiere Cosmetics

Alima Cosmetics

Fyrinnae
Seconding Fyrinnae. I was buying from them when they were still Bombshell Bath. Great products, quick shipping and very nice folks running the company. I have sensitive skin as well and have never had any sort of a reaction to a Fyrinnae product. The eyeshadows are fabulous- the colors are so vibrant. Thumbs up!
Quote: i have never heard of any of thses==where are they sold?
Just click on the hyperlink since all are sold via the internet. Lumiere doesn't charge shipping and if you use LF15, you get a 15% discount. I think Fyrinnae has free shipping for its sample eyeshadows.

TF
I have not had any dissatisfaction with Maybeline and would recommend it as a low priced good product. Their are more expensive products that might be better, but I like a product that I can find anywhere. I can usually find Maybelline in any store I walk into. It is always available at Target, Kmart and Dollar General.
i'll second the Aveda in general, they use natural ingredients so I find it far less harsh than anything else. Laura Mercier and Prescriptives are also great and i've never had a problem with them in terms of reacting like I do with drugstore brands. Bobbi Brown makes a heavier undereye concealer that i've also found really gentle on those days where I look like i've been up for 30 hours straight (and often have )