Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hovercraft Ladies Circle

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2010, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Hovercraft Ladies Circle

Ladies, my pet pee-ves are the members of the Hovercraft Ladies Circle. The ladies who don't sit down. It is not ladylike to lift the seat or even touch it, eeew. So the ladies hover over the seat and sprinkle us some special champagne bubbles. Such a lovely surprise for us regular old gals who do sit down.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 8:44 pm

Programs: EXP LTPlat
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Ladies, my pet pee-ves are the members of the Hovercraft Ladies Circle. The ladies who don't sit down. It is not ladylike to lift the seat or even touch it, eeew. So the ladies hover over the seat and sprinkle us some special champagne bubbles. Such a lovely surprise for us regular old gals who do sit down.
^ Maybe not quite a capital offense, but close.
Presuming you're on it alone, the worst thing you can get from a toilet seat is wet, so for Pete's sake, sit down! I find it strange that women who won't sit on a public toilet will hold a public phone up to their faces.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:10 am

I wipe the seat when using a public toilet, ESPECIALLY airplane toilets.

Oh and along the same line, my pet PEEve is anyone who talks on a cell phone while using the facilities. Have you no shame??
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Smile

Thank you for your replies. I have been trying to figure out how to get this more widely discussed in public so the Hovercraft Ladies know how disgusting this practice is to the rest of us. I look closely, bypass a lot of stalls, often line the seat with tissue, but still there it is sometimes, the Hovercraft Champagne Surprise. Can you do Facebook about it?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:22 pm

Talking Right ON Sister!

I'm with you sister. For god's sake just sit down. I hate the wet seat surprise cuz that is just nasty! There is nothing on the seat that is going to hurt. Please have a seat!
Old Dec 15, 2010, 2:46 pm

there's a cultural element

In some countries, sitting on the seat isn't the norm - usually because there aren't seats and one simply squats to do one's business. In some parts of the U.S. where there are many immigrants from certain southeast Asian countries, you will sometimes see signs on the back of the stall door showing a person squatting with their feet on the seat and a big X over the graphic - trying to indicate "no squatting here please".
Old Dec 15, 2010, 3:49 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Que-girl
I'm with you sister. For god's sake just sit down. I hate the wet seat surprise cuz that is just nasty! There is nothing on the seat that is going to hurt. Please have a seat!

^^

Exactly what horrible affliction is it that you think your butt cheeks are going to contract by actually sitting?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
^^

Exactly what horrible affliction is it that you think your butt cheeks are going to contract by actually sitting?
Terminal dampness.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
In some countries, sitting on the seat isn't the norm - usually because there aren't seats and one simply squats to do one's business. In some parts of the U.S. where there are many immigrants from certain southeast Asian countries, you will sometimes see signs on the back of the stall door showing a person squatting with their feet on the seat and a big X over the graphic - trying to indicate "no squatting here please".
The ladies who don't sit down should simply raise the seat like a man does.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 2:17 am

And, by all means, if you still can't bring yourself to sit after reading this thread, then just go ahead and invest in something such as the Go Girl.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: EXP LTPlat
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Thank you for your replies. I have been trying to figure out how to get this more widely discussed in public so the Hovercraft Ladies know how disgusting this practice is to the rest of us. I look closely, bypass a lot of stalls, often line the seat with tissue, but still there it is sometimes, the Hovercraft Champagne Surprise. Can you do Facebook about it?
Maybe we should script some kind of status alert and start a sit down cause.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skipaway
Maybe we should script some kind of status alert and start a sit down cause.
Don't know if you are serious, but I am serious.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 5:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Another +1

Although I do remember being inordinately pleased with myself for managing to use a squat toilet successfull in Japan while drunk
Old Dec 17, 2010, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Have used the squats in India and Turkey and the cup of water, but never drunk! We are preaching to ourselves here in this forum, Moderator. Is there any way to get it moved to OMNI or Travel Health and Safety to reach people?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.