David Yurman Jewelry

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2005, 9:04 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
David Yurman Jewelry

my wife likes David Yurman Jewelry http://www.davidyurman.com

It can be pricey, are there places to purchase this jewelry where I might get a better deal than Nieman Marcus?

Any help/advice appreciated.

thanks,
Old Dec 24, 2005, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Plt, Hyatt Plt
My wife likes Yurman as well. I haven't seen it discounted anywhere. You might try the ineternet but be aware of fakes. My assistant at work told me that select Nordstrom's have replaced their fine jewelry section w DY and that they allow DY exchanges for up to one year!
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
A good friend of mine is West Coast Sales Manager for David Yurman (fabulous jewelry, but as noted pricey). I can ask her, but I think it's usually full price at Nordys, N-M, etc. Cheers.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
have you tried ebay?

seriously, i have a lovely (yurman) bracelet that was purchased on ebay. gorgeous, authentic, much cheaper than buying it at the store.

if you don't use ebay a lot, pm me and i'll give you a tutorial, but hubby and i buy a fair bit of ebay, and often quite expensive stuff. if you do your homework on the item and the seller, you're highly unlikely to be burned.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Neiman Marcus Last Call (their outlet store) carries discontinued Yurman pieces at a discount.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
I have a Yurman collection, received over the last 10 or so years piece by piece. Have never found a store in the USA with a discount on Yurman. The duty-free stores in the Caribbean (St. Maarten and St. Thomas) carry Yurman at 25% off and no tax. Oops, this was the case the last time I was there several years ago. Perhaps others will know if Yurman is still available there at a discount.

I would be reluctant to purchase Yurman on eBay. How would you know it's genuine?

The only item I've had problems with is my Yurman watch. It's several years old and quit working recently. The local jeweler where it was purchased cannot repair it. They sent it "to New York" and told me they would be notified of the repair cost, then they will phone me to be sure I want to pay. I felt like saying, "Well, I can tell you now I don't want to pay, a $1,500 watch should not need repair..." (I have a Seiko that's 20+ years old and has never needed anything more than a battery change. And my Timexes never need fixing, either.) I was told it would take at least two months to have it repaired!
Old Dec 25, 2005, 4:02 pm

Not to hijack the thread, but I've found that w/ expensive watches that unless there is a local repair place (like Rolex in LA), it usually has to go to New York to be repaired & can take 4-8 weeks. BTW - if the Yurman watch is several years old, hey parts do wear out. Of course if you don't want to pay for the repair, you can just stick w/ the Seiko.

Cheers & happy holidays...
Old Dec 26, 2005, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Originally Posted by Dianne47
I have a Yurman collection, received over the last 10 or so years piece by piece. Have never found a store in the USA with a discount on Yurman. The duty-free stores in the Caribbean (St. Maarten and St. Thomas) carry Yurman at 25% off and no tax. Oops, this was the case the last time I was there several years ago. Perhaps others will know if Yurman is still available there at a discount.

I would be reluctant to purchase Yurman on eBay. How would you know it's genuine?

The only item I've had problems with is my Yurman watch. It's several years old and quit working recently. The local jeweler where it was purchased cannot repair it. They sent it "to New York" and told me they would be notified of the repair cost, then they will phone me to be sure I want to pay. I felt like saying, "Well, I can tell you now I don't want to pay, a $1,500 watch should not need repair..." (I have a Seiko that's 20+ years old and has never needed anything more than a battery change. And my Timexes never need fixing, either.) I was told it would take at least two months to have it repaired!
That's not good news - I'm kindof sick of the rest of the Yurman jewelry, but still think some of their watches are nice - guess I'll stop looking! I know Neiman Marcus has complimentarily had my Lagos earring repaired, even though they don't carry Lagos anymore (at least not in the NB store). They even paid to have it expressed back to me when finished. I wonder if you bought a Yurman watch there if they would do the same?
Old Dec 26, 2005, 9:59 pm

Well again, if the watch is 'several years old', stuff needs cleaning/repair. I have some friends who have Yurman watches & I asked them about it, & theirs are fine. So who knows. I think there's probably a big difference btwn having an earring repaired, though, & a watch, as watch has a lot of moving parts etc. But I think whoever got quoted 2 mths can push to have it done sooner & see about express back. Cheers.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by brendamc
That's not good news - I'm kindof sick of the rest of the Yurman jewelry, but still think some of their watches are nice - guess I'll stop looking! I know Neiman Marcus has complimentarily had my Lagos earring repaired, even though they don't carry Lagos anymore (at least not in the NB store). They even paid to have it expressed back to me when finished. I wonder if you bought a Yurman watch there if they would do the same?
You know, I had totally forgotten, but reading the replies jogs my memory about my watch. When it was just a few months old it quit, and I took it back to the jeweler. Because it was under warranty they simply replaced it on the spot, took a brand new one out of the display and gave it to me. I didn't remember this until reading your response!

I am going to NYC in about a month and will drop into the Madison Avenue Yurman store to discuss the matter. Perhaps they can speed up the repair and I can retrieve it while in NYC. Meanwhile, although I really enjoy my Yurman rings, earrings, necklaces, and bracelet --- I would NOT recommend the purchase of a Yurman watch.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 10:37 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by techgirl
Neiman Marcus Last Call (their outlet store) carries discontinued Yurman pieces at a discount.
IL does not have any of the Last Call stores but I'll be in SAN where there is one, so I'll check it out.

Thanks for all the replies ^
Old Jan 4, 2006, 2:55 pm

Just to follow up on my comments above. I got a call from my local jeweler today saying my Yurman watch is running fine. They replaced the battery.

I was peeved, to say the least. They had the watch for at least three weeks, right through the holidays, which is the time of year I most wear that watch. They had checked the battery about a week before I left it there for repair, and said the battery was fine! I gave the woman who called a restrained piece of my mind, but I think she didn't "get" what I was saying. My plan is to have a short discussion with the store owner when I pick up the watch.

Bottom line, problem with the watch turned out to be simply a dead battery.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Gary Michael's Jewelers in Manalapan, NJ carries the line. I haven't been in there in a while, but the store sells stunning jewelry. I don't know if they discount. Next time I'm in the area I'll take a look.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 9:27 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Ross Simons sometimes has Yurman at discount prices. Very hit and miss though and limited selections. I've also seen Yurman at Loehmann's, but same situation as R-S.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 8:43 pm

So Dianne47, does that mean you'd go back to recommending Yurman watches (although not your jewelry store)? I'd be irritated too if the jeweler had the watch for 3 weeks when it turned out to be just the battery. That should have been a no-brainer. Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.