Topless Tanning in Puerto Rico?????

Subscribe
Anyone out there know about topless or nude beaches in Puerto Rico, specifically in San Juan and Culebra? We're two women trying to plan a trip and we don't want to have to wear our bikini tops and get those horrible tan lines! I know thre's a gay beach in Condado and one in Ocean Park in San Juan - maybe there? Thank so much for your help.

I'm a woman too.....anyone have any advice?????
Culebra
Quote: I'm a woman too.....anyone have any advice?????
Try Zoni and Turtle Beach, both on the north shore and both deserted most of the time. BTW, it is illegal in PR and you can be given a ticket for wearing just a bikini top with out a cover up in town (Dewey). If you want more info on the island, email and I'll send you some links.
Longing4Piedmont, I tried to email you and you had blocked that possibility. If you turn it on again, can you post that here? I do have questions. I know that there's more of a chance to sunbathe topless on Culebra or Vieques, but I will be in Ocean Park, San Juan. Are those secluded beaches in Zoni and Turtle Beach safe? We are two women travelling together. Thank you.
Quote: Longing4Piedmont, I tried to email you and you had blocked that possibility. If you turn it on again, can you post that here? I do have questions. I know that there's more of a chance to sunbathe topless on Culebra or Vieques, but I will be in Ocean Park, San Juan. Are those secluded beaches in Zoni and Turtle Beach safe? We are two women travelling together. Thank you.
Sorry for the delay. My email is [email protected]. I forgot the FT system isn't using email yet.
Well not to point out the obvious but unless you're only doing your tanning at the topless beaches in US, what does it matter if there's a topless beach in PR? You'll get lines (and presumably have during your entire tanning career - short of tanning booths which is easier to avoid them). If you're planning on tanning this summer in the US, you'll have to wear tops. I'm not against nude bathing; just wondering why it matters for one trip only.
There are plenty of places in the US in which to tan topless. There's one at the Jersey Shore, there are a couple of them out on Fire Island. I've also done it in Key West, FL and Provincetown, MA - and I've heard of many others. Usually, it's a gay beach or a nude beach, but there are other ones, too. Not having children, I never frequent a family beach. So, as you can see, the topless tanning question is not about this one trip only.
TopFree
Barton Springs Pool in Austin allows topless sunbathing. Hippie Hollow on Lake Travis is a clothing optional state park. In Texas. go fig.

I also found a web site called TopFree that may offer some resources for anyone so inclined.Google produced a thread from there related to good old Barton Springs. No info on Puerto Rico on TopFree's site. Google did have a few promising leads though.

good luck, and have a good trip, whether you end up with tan lines or no.

-SWise (top on)
Quote: Well not to point out the obvious but unless you're only doing your tanning at the topless beaches in US, what does it matter if there's a topless beach in PR? You'll get lines (and presumably have during your entire tanning career - short of tanning booths which is easier to avoid them). If you're planning on tanning this summer in the US, you'll have to wear tops. I'm not against nude bathing; just wondering why it matters for one trip only.
I thought that in NYC/NY-State women are technically allowed to go topless, although I could be mistaken or that court case could have been overturned.

I never did see any topless girls with their face to the son in Central Park... although a friend of mine and I spied a guy engaged in sexual self-gratification in the bushes (behind a tree) looking at girls in the Park.
Thanks hiho & swise for clarifying. Didn't realize there were that many topless beaches in the US, or that folk would be willing to travel certain distances just to go to them. I don't bother tanning anymore; dermatologist applying 2x4 to my head once/year seemed to have an effect Now if I want to look tanned, I'll just do the spray-on thing. But enjoy - and don't forget the sunscreen!
When you leave Austin, you enter Texas
Just as a note for all those not familiar with Austin - while Texas is about as conservative as you can get (excluding strip clubs...), Austin is where all of the Texas liberals run off to.

As is said: "When you leave Austin, you're entering Texas"

Besides which Austin has something like 100,000 students plus the state legislature...do you really think a regulation against topless sunbathing would be enforceable?

For crying out loud when UT-Austin used to win games - the cheerleaders would parade around in cars topless...oh wait that was Texas A & M.

Well, anyway, go there for Halloween. You will see that Austin isn't that conservative. Then again in 1997 or 1998 Halloween, I remember a guy parading around with a full sized, paper machie Monica Lewinsky...attached...numerical style...
Quote: Longing4Piedmont, I tried to email you and you had blocked that possibility. If you turn it on again, can you post that here? I do have questions. I know that there's more of a chance to sunbathe topless on Culebra or Vieques, but I will be in Ocean Park, San Juan. Are those secluded beaches in Zoni and Turtle Beach safe? We are two women travelling together. Thank you.
YGM