Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purse/laptop bag in one?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2010, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Prem, DL Plat, CO Plat, Torrid Diva,Rascal House (free cookies!), TWA Ambassador 183506503
Purse/laptop bag in one?

Hi, I am looking for suggestions. I take my laptop onboard much more now, but have a third bag problem with my purse and my backpack/ Does anyone know of a laptop bag that could double as a purse? (With pockets, etc)? Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:49 pm

Programs: United, Delta
How big is the laptop? I never really liked the purse/laptop combos.. Can you put it in a the backpack? I usually just throw the laptop in a sleeve and put it there.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 1:17 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
I use a large lightweight squishy purse or a basic catch-all nylon bag or backpack and stuff laptop-in-sleeve, real use-on-the-street purse, and all other stuff in one of those. The purse is lightweight and holds an IBM laptop quite nicely along with a change of clothes, largish camera, book and cosmetics. It's also nice for carrying a bottle of wine or groceries into the hotel.

It's more about containing my stuff in one spot. I am a big fan of UA mesh amenity kits for holding stuff together in this purse/bag/backpack and also a drawstring bag former amentiy kit that I use for my plane-necessary items: ear buds, pen, glasses, kleenex, lip balm, comb, toothbrush, etc.

Currently the backpack is out of favor. Too many zippered pockets to look through to find something. If you're uber-organized and have good memory skills the purse/computer bag might work.

But do remember, when you go to dinner or almost anywhere you will have the purse/computer bag and will still probably need a purse.

Last edited by lili; Jul 1, 2010 at 6:53 am
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GfL
I don't schlep my laptop around anymore, but when I did, I was very enamored of these Moonsus bags. They hold laptops nicely and are normal-looking for use as a purse also. I hate hate hate laptop bags. You feel like a dork carrying one and they're way too big and bulky.

Barring that I would just stuff your laptop in the backpack. That seems like the best solution.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I have a Swiss Army purse that can hold my laptop. It's more professional looking than a backpack and still has room for a notebook, wallet, magazine, ipod, and a few sundries when I travel
Old Jul 2, 2010, 8:59 pm

I have a wheeled laptop case that I always leave extra room in for my purse. When I travel and need to carry on suitcase, laptop and purse I carry a smaller cross body purse. It slips into my laptop case easily. I just can't make my laptop bag a combo purse, I have tried and it does not work for me. I have a lot of business meetings where we go to lunch or dinner and I don't like carrying a laptop case into a restaurant.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 5:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I have a Keen bag that doubles as my purse/laptop holder. When I'm flying, I downsize my purse and toss that into the tote as well.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 4:58 am

Programs: AC SE, CO Silver, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Plat
Originally Posted by travelmad478
I don't schlep my laptop around anymore, but when I did, I was very enamored of these Moonsus bags. They hold laptops nicely and are normal-looking for use as a purse also. I hate hate hate laptop bags. You feel like a dork carrying one and they're way too big and bulky.

Barring that I would just stuff your laptop in the backpack. That seems like the best solution.
+1 for Moonsus bags. I have room to fit everything into it that would normally go into my purse, and it looks nice when you have to shlep it around.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I agree... any bag you like with the laptop in a protective sleeve.

I prefer large dome bags that have a sleeve to go over the suitcase handle. My laptop in its sleeve, a pack with electronic accessories, a magazine, my Bose headset, and my purse all fit nicely together in the dome.

I could never find a computer bag I liked. Most had too many compartments inside that took up too much of the usable space. Or they weren't designed to hold a purse inside very well. I'd rather use my own travel bags in the sizes I prefer to hold little things and keep them organized than deal with compartments.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 6:06 pm

Programs: AS-GoldMVP,Hilton, Hyatt, Hertz
I have one of these http://www.levenger.com/PAGETEMPLATE...-4|pageid=5851

Works great.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:56 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
My solution

I plop the netbook (in a sleeve) into either the large satchel purse OR the roll-aboard carry-on bag.

Sometimes, instead of the purse-satchel, I just put all the purse contents and the netbook into the Tumi briefcase. Depends on mood and what I'll be doing when I get there
Old Jul 8, 2010, 3:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I have a fairly roomy handbag, so I put my laptop (a small 750g VAIO X) into its protective leather sleeve, then into a cloth sleeve (to prevent the leather from getting scratched by my other junk), and put it in my handbag. It works out really well.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:08 pm

For the flight I usually put my wallet and everything in the laptop bag, then I pack a small regular purse in my suitcase.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I recently purchased a Timbuk2 bag from REI. It easily holds my netbook (in neoprene sleeve), small purse, snacks and many other items. I also like that it has a lot of various compartments, many of which secure with a zipper or velcro. It also has a shoulder strap or smaller over-shoulder straps.

http://www.timbuk2.com shows their MANY styles of bags!

robin
Old Jul 19, 2010, 12:30 am

i use a vera bradley tote bag similar to the keen style that was linked in previous posts. there are tons of pockets inside and out and it's the perfect size for my 13" laptop. stylish too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.