Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet 50% off sale deceptive

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Westjet 50% off sale deceptive

Banner states "50% off all destinations."

Apparently YEG-YYC is not one of these as the $109 fare is NOT 50% off the regular fare of $149. Booked AC to get the sale plus to avoid the phone/web nightmare currently going on.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Banner states "50% off all destinations."

Apparently YEG-YYC is not one of these as the $109 fare is NOT 50% off the regular fare of $149. Booked AC to get the sale plus to avoid the phone/web nightmare currently going on.
No it's not since it clearly says subject to availablity and also specifies certain dates for travel for the special fares.

Some dates are just more popular than others.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PunishedEdmontonian
No it's not since it clearly says subject to availablity and also specifies certain dates for travel for the special fares.

Some dates are just more popular than others.
I'd love to go verify this on the WS website but guess what....its down again

I checked a solid week around Dec 9 earlier and fares were $109. Regular fare is $149 so it is deceptive. AC is 79-89 on nearly all flights.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:14 am

Website worked all night for me.

Funny enough, I was looking at YYZ-Barbados. Advertised fare of $149... actual fare.... $99. Done and done.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yeah, it might be exotic but YEG-YYC should be pretty familiar territory for WS and its definitely not on for 50% off as advertised. I realize its off regular fares but there is no 50% sale here.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Yeah, it might be exotic but YEG-YYC should be pretty familiar territory for WS and its definitely not on for 50% off as advertised. I realize its off regular fares but there is no 50% sale here.
Come on you've been here long enough to know that the conditions also say that sale seats are in limited supply on certain dates. Just because you want to travel on high demand dates doesn't obligate anyone to make them available. Here's hoping that you get tarmac-to-tarmac for the $20 you saved!!

I'd like to have some friends join me in PSP in mid-November but - lo and behold - some of the dates are actually sold-out!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

WS agent admitted the system was wrong in this market. Fare should be $79. Too late, booked AC and save $80. Only T to T in one direction, E90 return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.