Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Gold Support Priority Line - Make sure you don't get bounced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: West Jet Gold, IHG Gold Elite, National Executive Elite

I called today to change my flight to an earlier time and was told that because I had booked through a Travel Agent they could not help. Given I had called and made a change a week earlier without any issues I was somewhat confused. What I eventually found out is that if you remain on hold to long on the Gold Line you get bounced to the standard help desk which clearly does not have the same autonomy. Thinking I would rather stay on hold and speak to someone who has the autonomy.
Next time I will be sure to ask who I am talking to.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: Presto
Originally Posted by Gunner123456
...What I eventually found out is that if you remain on hold to long on the Gold Line you get bounced to the standard help desk which clearly does not have the same autonomy.
Welcome to FT and thanks for the tip. I have found the Gold Line to be very helpful and capable of employing discretion on a number of scheduling issues.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: AC 25k
The agent greeting on the Gold Line identifies it as such "Thank you for calling the WestJet Gold Priority Line".

Perhaps it would be a good idea to ask if the agent does not specifically mention the Gold Line in their greeting.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Gunner123456
I called today to change my flight to an earlier time and was told that because I had booked through a Travel Agent they could not help.
I'm not sure this has anything to do with whether or not you reached a true "Gold" agent.

My understanding is that WestJet (and most airlines) can't make any changes to a TA-booked flight until after the first segment has been flown. The only exception: same day flight changes. The reservation file "belongs" to your travel agent, and WestJet people can't change flights or routings. They can only add/update passenger info.

So if you're calling WestJet to make changes to a reservation you booked through another sales channel (like a travel agent), I'm pretty sure they can't do it for you ... Gold or otherwise.

(That's certainly the case with AC. When I've booked flights on AC through our corporate travel agent, AC directed me back to the agent for any reservation changes -- even when I had E50K status.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.