Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ-YFC MTOW, Bags and Openness

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
YYZ-YFC MTOW, Bags and Openness

Today. WS3406 YYZ-YFC. It was a full flight. I had connected from YVR with 2 checked bags (work trip). I had had a 90 min layover between flights.

Flight left YYZ and arrived at YFC more or less on time. Got to YFC and only a few bags had been loaded in YYZ. At the end of the ensuing chaos that happens when a full Q400 has most passengers bag-less, I asked the agent what had happened. The response was that the plane would have been over weight with the bags.

SO…this was a MTOW issue, which means that WS knew about this well before the plane door closed in YYZ. If this was the case, why not explain to the situation to the passengers on the plane and hand out the forms so they could be completed in flight instead of letting people find out the other end and stressing everyone (WS agents at YFC included).

Why not tell the passengers something that directly affected them and WS obviously knew about. Having the forms filled out in the air would have made for a much more orderly situation at and quicker exit from YFC.

Maybe a switch to 737s would fix the MTOW issue.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Frequentlander
I asked the agent what had happened. The response was that the plane would have been over weight with the bags.

SO…this was a MTOW issue, which means that WS knew about this well before the plane door closed in YYZ.
You are assuming the agent was actually knowledgeable about the situation and not lying. Neither of these is guaranteed. Front-line agents are often the last to know.

It could also have been a last-minute issue with cargo or overfueling, a routing failure, or a failure by ramp workers to load the bags.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You are assuming the agent was actually knowledgeable about the situation and not lying. Neither of these is guaranteed. Front-line agents are often the last to know.
So yeah..."openness".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.