Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WS at BOS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
WS at BOS

I'll be connecting to WS early next year from AA at BOS. There's a change of terminals, though unlikely this can be done airside. Should have PreCheck on my AA-issued boarding pass but will add it to my WS profile and try to sync the booking on the WS site too.

I notice that WS flies from Terminal 1/A and uses gates in the main terminal and not the satellite. Having never been to this terminal, can anyone tell me how long it takes to get out to the satellite? (I've got a 3-hour connection and will not have access to any airline lounges in that terminal but notice that there's a Harpoon tap room in the satellite which should do me fine, seems to be nothing in the main terminal. However, it is at the very end of the satellite and WS's gate is at the very end of the main terminal.)
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:39 pm

Indeed, you can not change planes airside between AA and WS in BOS. (Same for AC and anyone else, BTW.) You must exit and reclear security.

BOS is not a change-friendly airport.

I'll leave your other questions to someone else.

Last edited by sokolov; Dec 9, 2016 at 10:00 am
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:47 pm

Just flew out from Boston on WS to YYZ two weeks ago!

No you could not change plane between AA and WS without reclearing security, but WS has TSA Pre! Only between DL Domestic and WS (even WN without check in baggage), you can transit within clearing security or changing terminals.

WS uses gate A1 for most of its flights, which is located in the main terminal, not the satellite terminal. It is a ten to fifteen minutes walk from main terminal to satellite terminal.

Carfield

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.