Wiki Posts
Search

Plus upgrade at check-in question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Presto
Plus upgrade at check-in question

Do Plus upgrades at checkin allocate a Plus seat for the duration on a continuing flight?

Example: WS247 YYT-YYZ with a stopover in YHZ
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
I believe these are handled on a segment-by-segment basis.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan AA
When I flew YYZ-DUB last May, the Plus upgrade was for the entire flight, even though there was a stopover in YYT.
I believe that if it's a single flight number, the upgrade is good for the duration of the flight, even if there is a stopover along the way.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Best of luck using them....

....I'm 0/4 this year.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Presto
Originally Posted by J. Leslie
When I flew YYZ-DUB last May, the Plus upgrade was for the entire flight, even though there was a stopover in YYT.
I believe that if it's a single flight number, the upgrade is good for the duration of the flight, even if there is a stopover along the way.
Thanks, I thought it should be so, good to see it in action.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I find that when I book the middle class fare, and wait until 8-16 hours prior to departure time, I have had very good success with automatic upgrades at OLCI. Rarely do I get them in the cheapest fare bucket.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Originally Posted by NoahVail
Do Plus upgrades at checkin allocate a Plus seat for the duration on a continuing flight?

Example: WS247 YYT-YYZ with a stopover in YHZ
If both flights have the same flight number, I would expect you would pay one fee, since you are (likely) on the same aircraft. Ditto for the YYZ-YYT-DUB route mentioned above.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 6:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Can you pay for the Plus upgrade (online check-in within the 24 hours) with your WestJet $ or Travel Bank credits?
Old Dec 26, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by coleworld
Can you pay for the Plus upgrade (online check-in within the 24 hours) with your WestJet $ or Travel Bank credits?
No.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
No.
Thanks J
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I find that when I book the middle class fare, and wait until 8-16 hours prior to departure time, I have had very good success with automatic upgrades at OLCI. Rarely do I get them in the cheapest fare bucket.
Any way you can teach me the way to automatic upgrades? Flying from YYZ to the Caribbean in February..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.