Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet 767 or Air Transat A330

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Westjet 767 or Air Transat A330

Hi,
We are looking at travelling to Toronto in October and the best options are Westjet or Air Transat with the price difference being almost nothing. We were wondering if there was any advice on which was better/ worse and why.
Any insight is appreciated
Thanks
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
A/T has a smaller seat pitch so you will be ....

....jammed in tighter.
Second you don't mention your departure city but chances are WJ will have more flights/day and if your flight is cancelled a better chance of re-booking and getting to Toronto faster.
WJ IFE is just OK so not sure how to compare it to A/T's.
Overall I'd say WJ is your better bet.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I've flown both and all things being equal would opt for WS as there are some roomy inexpensive seats behind the Plus cabin not to mention you could collect WS dollars on the flight.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: Several
Also check the costs for baggage and meals. WestJet charges for baggage and for meals. Last time I flew AT baggage and meals were free but that was quite a few years ago. Depending on number of passengers, meals and baggage adds up the cost.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
The nine-abreast in the Air Transat A330 is really, really rough.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by WestonC
Also check the costs for baggage and meals. WestJet charges for baggage and for meals. Last time I flew AT baggage and meals were free but that was quite a few years ago. Depending on number of passengers, meals and baggage adds up the cost.
TS includes meals on transatlantic flights and 1 free checked bag while WS charges for both.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
.. where is OP flying from?

Presumably I think it is from LHR (from the WS 767).
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
.. where is OP flying from?

Presumably I think it is from LHR (from the WS 767).
AC does LHR, Rouge/WS/Air Transat go to LGW.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: IHG Priority Club,Fairmont presidents club,Marriot rewards,SPG,Delta Privalige
I have just done the LGW-YYZ return with WS and I found them very good. The interior and seats are quite fresh and new and the service was excellent. Please look at my TR of the trip for more in depth impressions.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
We just did YVR-LGW-YVR in WS Plus. One of us used a companion pass so for the out of pocket price is was excellent value. No delays either way and service in Plus was very good. Meals were typical of Economy meals when airlines used to provided meals in N.American domestic.

LGW is my preferred airport for the south of England (the train connections work better for us than LHR) so we are looking at a repeat trip next year - again, using a companion pass.

On the same trip the 2 Frequentlander offspring flew YVR-GLA rtn on Transat. They sat in the back. Meal provided and a free checked bag each. No complaints from either of them on the level of service. Their flights were on time both directions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.