Wiki Posts
Search

Ws needs to improve wait times

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Ws needs to improve wait times

Called several times today. Really bad response times 30 minutes to an hour. It was so bad the call back service was unavailable due to the high numbers of calls. WS has to pick up their game, not every transaction can be done on line. In my case I need to get a missed credit for a late flight and apply the WS $ to a ticket I bought. If I cant get through I will simply cancel my reservation with in the 24hrs, since AC and Porter are all within a few dollars of WS.

Last edited by yul36; Jul 25, 2016 at 11:09 pm
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:37 am
Original Poster

As of 13:35 today wait times are 21-30 minutes-maybe. No call backs due to volume. Way to go Westjet.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Just called again at 19:50, switched to message that says we are having technical difficulties. So why can't Westjet just be honest and instead of blaming high call volumes, weather or pick an excuse, just say our phone system sucks. Now listening to an ad that says Westjet cares about me, but not enough to answer the phone.

Update, finally Got through. Took the really helpful agent 5 minutes to apply credit, reissue, and refund the diff. Unfortunately the res system does not allow 2 forms of payment so I could not have done it myself at time of booking.

Last edited by yul36; Jul 26, 2016 at 6:23 pm
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by yul36
Just called again at 19:50, switched to message that says we are having technical difficulties. So why can't Westjet just be honest and instead of blaming high call volumes, weather or pick an excuse, just say our phone system sucks. Now listening to an ad that says Westjet cares about me, but not enough to answer the phone.

Update, finally Got through. Took the really helpful agent 5 minutes to apply credit, reissue, and refund the diff. Unfortunately the res system does not allow 2 forms of payment so I could not have done it myself at time of booking.
Probably because the earlier message is automated and kicks-in when call queues exceed the limits of the system. The latter probably requires a manual intervention. I doubt it has anything to do with honesty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.