WS Joins TSA Precheck program

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
edit:nvm

Last edited by MasterGeek; Nov 5, 2015 at 10:38 am
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:26 pm

Just returned from Las Vegas and it worked fine. Agent put my number in and printed boarding pass ( I didn't have a boarding pass as I checked in online and the kiosk didn't want to give me one for some reason) Was also on a aircraft with Westjet Connect. The streaming movies worked fine. I didn't have a need to use the internet so didn't try that out.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: WS Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, AC 100K, INtercontinetal Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus
Good experience in PSP Friday, I was checking in at the WS Kiosk and a wondering agent asked me if I needed anything I asked if I could get TSA pre-check he happily took my Nexus card and returned with the printed pre check marked boarding pass and then offered to take my luggage from the Kiosk to the belt for me all with a huge smile. Very happy to see WS finally on board with pre-check, they are slowly moving from the leisure airline only mind set to business traveller needs. Good experience.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, O6*G, WS Gold
Anyone heard any updates regarding the self-serve enhancements for 2016?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:30 pm

We had the same experience as FlyerJ recently in SJU.
Check-in agent was able to enter KTN, but wouldn't reprint boarding passes. We were told that WestJet printers simply could not print the TSA PreCheck flag on boarding passes, and we should show our nexus cards to access the precheck line.
TSAPre-check gate guard wouldn't accept Nexus cards, and we wound up in the general screening line, with 2500 other travelers who just disembarked from 2 cruise ships.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
PHX?

Anyone have experience with this at PHX recently?
Just wondering- going there next week.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 12:07 pm
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Hey Stj1971,

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience.

Can you please send me more details including your reservation code, by PM?

Thanks,
Darren

Originally Posted by Stj1971
We had the same experience as FlyerJ recently in SJU.
Check-in agent was able to enter KTN, but wouldn't reprint boarding passes. We were told that WestJet printers simply could not print the TSA PreCheck flag on boarding passes, and we should show our nexus cards to access the precheck line.
TSAPre-check gate guard wouldn't accept Nexus cards, and we wound up in the general screening line, with 2500 other travelers who just disembarked from 2 cruise ships.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by muskoka
Anyone have experience with this at PHX recently?
Just wondering- going there next week.
We had no problems getting PreCheck added to our BPs in PHX a couple of weeks ago. The agent knew what we were talking about and also knew the procedure.

Same thing in SAN last week.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by WR Cage
There is no way to store your KTN within the Westjet or Westjet Rewards computer system.
Is this still the case?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:56 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Is this still the case?
There isn't a self-serve method for adding your KTN at this point. We're hoping to add self-serve functionality at some point this year.

Thanks,
Darren

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.