Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Westjet to Improve Premium Economy/Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet to Improve Premium Economy/Plus

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
How are couples going to be seated in Plus rows ? Will they be separated by the middle seat ? What if they have a kidd ?
Yes. Based on this article: http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1530...s-plus-product they are providing a tray table in the middle seat.

If you have a child you could spread over two aisles and window seat if you wanted to sit in the plus seats.

It will be interesting to see how many seats are available at OLCI when this starts. Usually in my experience I don't think I've had a time when I wasn't able to buy a Plus seat at check-in. Hmm....I suppose there's always the exit row as an alternative.
Old May 9, 2015, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
No, not unless they start putting ovens on board there 737's for hot food.
That.
Old May 13, 2015, 4:02 pm

This might allow me to fly Westjet again. My complaint about Westjet's seats was never the legroom, it was the width. Even the Plus seats didn't help with that.
Old May 15, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Does anyone know what routes this is available on?
Old May 16, 2015, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
Does anyone know what routes this is available on?
It starts on Sept. 14th for all routes.
Old May 16, 2015, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by radnub
It starts on Sept. 14th for all routes.
Just as a clarification, blocked middle seat is only applicable on the 737.
Old May 20, 2015, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
You can't compare Westjet PE to AC J class. This is not even close to the same cabin. For starter, there is no hot food and does not get you into a louge. Seats on WestJet are closer together and not as wide. Westjet PE is basically AC preferred seating in Y.
However you also can get AC awards winning Rude flight attendants, or Skytrack rating Rouge worse then Ryan air. Oh and who can forget AC scam charges for award tickets.

Why would you want anything close to Air Canada, surly any airline can do better!
Old May 21, 2015, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by why fly
Oh and who can forget AC scam charges for award tickets.
I know, right? Calgary to London (England) with United in J costs 90,000 points PLUS $800 (on the Aeroplan website)! What the heck is the $800 for?
Old May 21, 2015, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by YYCguy
I know, right? Calgary to London (England) with United in J costs 90,000 points PLUS $800 (on the Aeroplan website)! What the heck is the $800 for?
If you really cared, the breakdown is easily available on the aeroplan site where you would be quoted that number.

Hint: UK Passenger Duty.

You're mistaking YQ flying AC, not UA on Aeroplan.
Old May 21, 2015, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
However you also can get AC awards winning Rude flight attendants, or Skytrack rating Rouge worse then Ryan air. Oh and who can forget AC scam charges for award tickets.

Why would you want anything close to Air Canada, surly any airline can do better!
Funny, I have more problems with Westjet than AC, that why I fly AC. It crazy that you have problems with AC all the time and still fly them. Why?
Old May 21, 2015, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life

Funny, I have more problems with Westjet than AC, that why I fly AC. It crazy that you have problems with AC all the time and still fly them. Why?
Old May 25, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: WS Gold, SPG Plat, Nexus, HDC Gold, CCarlson Gold, HHonors Diamond,
Just saw this on Twitter. (Link Fixed)

...meh

https://twitter.com/vacations_vegas/...16511255552001

Last edited by Canuckmma; May 26, 2015 at 9:06 am
Old May 26, 2015, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Canuckmma
Just saw this on Twitter.

...meh
Hmm....it looks....fine.

Glad they did this change. A little disappointed that the armrests didn't move in a bit but I will survive!
Old May 26, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC, WS, DL, Marriott Silver
I'm OK with this setup -- while not a true 2x2, it's also not as expensive (even at the slightly higher price, WS Plus is still coming in significantly less than Premium Rouge on the routes I checked).
Old May 26, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by radnub
Hmm....it looks....fine.

Glad they did this change. A little disappointed that the armrests didn't move in a bit but I will survive!
If you want more room, lift up the middle arm rest, has the same effect as moving the arm rest in without an expensive reconfiguration by WS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.