Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buyer beware

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:40 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by YYCguy
Why buyer beware? I would think exrtra flights would be a good thing during the holidays!
The seats on WS Q400's are more cramped vs WS mainline planes; 30 inch pitch, no IFE. WS managed to cram in 78 seats in the Q400 where AC only has 70-74, so the WS Q400's have tighter pitch than AC Q400's as well.

So those that are used to typical WS planes on those routes may find themselves with less space.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:54 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Have you ever sat in front of the props? They are noisy as hell...
Have you flown the NextGen model? They're much quieter than the previous generations.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:49 am

As a YEG based traveller, props are everyday reality to me. Early on in my travel career, I discovered that a good pair of ear plug style (so you can use during take off and landing as well) noise cancellation headset is essential to enjoyable flying.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Get a pair of Bose. Worked fine on my UA Q400 flight from EWR the other night in the front business "cabin"...However don't know how you pussies would have survived flying the the pre-jet days, radial engines and not even prop jets!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: AS
How bumpy is the ride over the rockies in these? I've only been on the 737s on Westjet.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by kyden
How bumpy is the ride over the rockies in these? I've only been on the 737s on Westjet.
Just fine.

AS flies Q400s from YYC to SEA, and AC flies them from YYC to YYJ. Both are perfectly comfortable flights.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:44 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by WestJet
Have you flown the NextGen model? They're much quieter than the previous generations.
I agree. They are surprisingly quiet.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: Presto
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Get a pair of Bose. Worked fine on my UA Q400 flight from EWR the other night in the front business "cabin"...However don't know how you pussies would have survived flying the the pre-jet days, radial engines and not even prop jets!
OT...or these: http://tinyurl.com/ova4upa

Picked up a pair this morning (Black Friday sale), they look just like Startrek ones!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.