Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Promo Codes For Domestic, Hawaii Travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!

Short notice, but I happened to notice this today on Twitter:

Save 15%* for travel within Canada.

Promo code: WJP22

Coupon code: AR85FGE

Book by: May 29, 2014 (9:59 p.m. MT)

Travel between: June 2, 2014 and February 10, 2015

Blackout dates from: October 10 - 13, 2014 and December 18, 2014 - January 13, 2015
How to get this offer: To redeem this offer on westjet.com, both the promo code and coupon code are required at time of booking on the first page of the booking process. Percentage is applied to base fare excluding taxes, fees and charges. Discount can only be applied towards fares displayed in the Econo category.

Save 20%* for travel to Honolulu from anywhere in Canada.
Promo code: WJP20

Coupon code: NWCQVAV

Book by: June 10, 2014 (9:59 p.m. MT)

Travel between: September 3, 2014 and February 11, 2015

Blackout dates from: October 9 - 14, 2014, December 17 - 31, 2014, and January 1 - 5, 2015
How to get this offer: To redeem this offer on westjet.com, both the promo code and coupon code are required at time of booking on the first page of the booking process. Percentage is applied to base fare excluding taxes, fees and charges. Discount can only be applied towards fares displayed in the Econo, Flex, and Plus categories.
Happy travels to anyone who can use these. I did :-)
Old May 29, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Thanks! I am probably going to use these to book for September 2014
Old May 30, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS
Wow! That 20% off to HNL can't be a coincidence in the same week that Air Canada announces that their HNL flights from YVR will become Rouge flights and a new YYZ-HNL Rouge flight will start up.

Good on Westjet for defending their position.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by YEGTigger
Wow! That 20% off to HNL can't be a coincidence in the same week that Air Canada announces that their HNL flights from YVR will become Rouge flights and a new YYZ-HNL Rouge flight will start up.

Good on Westjet for defending their position.
Keep in mind that with WJ you can get Plus seats which are close to the same as premium rouge. Interesting to see if WJ does anything about making the YEG flights more bearable adding a premium cabin.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 2:24 pm

The Hawaii flights on Rouge have real business class seats on 767. Sure, they are much worse than the pods, but nonetheless, they are not the same seats as narrowbody Rouge. Much better than WestJet plus seats.

Quick checking revealed that Rouge pricing to Hawaii is more competitive than WestJet.

20% off coupon on Rouge does not have blackout dates, while WestJet one does. And I need to travel on a date that happens to be within a blackout period.

WestJet needs to think how to compete with Rouge to Hawaii beyond the 20% coupon.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by echino
The Hawaii flights on Rouge have real business class seats on 767. Sure, they are much worse than the pods, but nonetheless, they are not the same seats as narrowbody Rouge. Much better than WestJet plus seats.

Quick checking revealed that Rouge pricing to Hawaii is more competitive than WestJet.

20% off coupon on Rouge does not have blackout dates, while WestJet one does. And I need to travel on a date that happens to be within a blackout period.

WestJet needs to think how to compete with Rouge to Hawaii beyond the 20% coupon.
Real business class? Neither have real business class. IMO rouge would be better as at least you can get 2-2-2 seating on a 767 which is preferable to 3-3 seating on a 737. Pitch is the same in Premium Rouge and WJ PLUS. I would also argue that meal and drink service is probably better on Rouge as you are getting the regular AC business class meal and drinks.

It will be interesting to see if any of WJ's 757 come with a premium cabin this year.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by stinger
Real business class? Neither have real business class. IMO rouge would be better as at least you can get 2-2-2 seating on a 767 which is preferable to 3-3 seating on a 737. Pitch is the same in Premium Rouge and WJ PLUS. I would also argue that meal and drink service is probably better on Rouge as you are getting the regular AC business class meal and drinks.

It will be interesting to see if any of WJ's 757 come with a premium cabin this year.
Are you referring to the Thomas Cook 757's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.