Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Points for Westjet Flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Delta Points for Westjet Flights

I know this should have been easy to answer on my own, but I'm getting conflicting answers from the Delta website, gate agents, etc... When I book a Westjet flight via a Delta codeshare (so it's also a Delta flight), will I still receive Delta rewards points?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:26 pm

Yes, as long as your ticket has a DL flight number.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:13 am

BTW, question to the insiders here: Is there a chance for earning WestJet Dollars on DL-flights (with DL-tickets) in the foreseeable future? (Similar to AA)
Old May 5, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
My advice is don't bother,

My WestJet flight I took this week LGA-YYZ was a nightmare. the 6:25pm flight left 7:45am the next day, was kept in the dark about issues until midnight that night, was told to wait almost an hour at that point for rebooking and overnight accomodations.

Return flight was 3 hrs delayed with more lies about why.

This airline is inept. Not worth the 500 miles I got. Will connect in DTW next time.
Old May 5, 2014, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Not all WS experiences are like that!
Old May 6, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Not all WS experiences are like that!
3 for 3 on my experience (and have finally learned my lesson and will never ever ever fly them again), and others posted in DL similar experience. If nothing else it is not rare, certainly in LGA.
Old May 7, 2014, 6:45 pm

If I hold a Delta SkyMiles account and book a flight directly with WestJet can I give them my SkyMiles # and collect the same? ........
Old May 8, 2014, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
3 for 3 on my experience.
Then it must be you! :-))
Old May 12, 2014, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Bravada04
If I hold a Delta SkyMiles account and book a flight directly with WestJet can I give them my SkyMiles # and collect the same? ........
No, it would need a DL flight number.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
How long does it take for Skymiles to be credited for Westjet flights ?

My Skymiles number was printed on my boarding pass and it has been 7 days already

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.