Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WestJet reports August load factor of 82.2 per cent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2010, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/wes...k=MW_news_stmp

CALGARY, Sept 07, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Airline flew an additional 65,000 guests this August compared to last

WestJet today announced August 2010 traffic results with a load factor of 82.2 per cent. Revenue passenger miles (RPMs), or traffic, increased 8.2 per cent year over year. Capacity, measured in available seat miles (ASMs), grew 11.3 per cent over the same period.

"We continue to direct the majority of our new capacity toward our southern destinations, as we find the demand for leisure travel continues to be robust," said WestJet President and CEO Gregg Saretsky. "Additionally, our increased focus on the business travel segment, a key part of our growth strategy, has begun generating a positive response from corporate sales.

"WestJet's operational performance was solid during this busy time of year, and that's because of the positive spirit and hard work of over 7,800 WestJetters," said Gregg Saretsky. "I thank each WestJetter for showing they care about our business and our guests every day."

"Business and leisure travellers are benefiting from the value of our new fare structure as evidenced by the strong traffic growth," continued Gregg Saretsky. "We still expect a positive increase this quarter in year-over-year revenue per available seat mile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.