Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet Credit-ONline booking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Westjet Credit-ONline booking

Well after 2hours on hold to try and use a westjet credit for my MOM to capatalize on the current seat sale I give up!!!!

I hope someone here can help answer some of my questions:

1. Can I make an online booking and then call back to apply my westjet credit

2. My mom had a promotional code. Can I use this along with my westjet credit. The promotional code is for online booking..

3. If her flight does not use all my credit will the remaining portion be left or will it simply turn into dust like it dust at AC??

I am very frustrated I cant talk to a WJ agent regarding this...

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 12:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Some answers are in the WS FAQ:

When do Travel Bank credits expire?
Credits from flight refunds and / or changes have an expiry date of 12 months from date of issue. Service credits have expiry dates ranging from 30 – 90 days from the date of issue depending on the type. Travel Bank email notifications will have the value of the credit and the expiry date can be viewed under your Travel Bank information on your WestJet profile.

Also note unlike the WS of old, the new travel bank credits can only be used for the passenger who has the credit, not family and/or friends unfortunately:

Can I use my Travel Bank credit to pay for travel for another guest?
At this time Travel Bank credit redemption is limited to the profile owner.

The other questions about applying the credit after making a booking and using both a credit and promo code may be moot given the inability to make bookings for others using your credit.

Good luck at any rate to both you & your mom!

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 7, 2010 at 1:19 am
Old Jan 7, 2010, 9:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I cant even get through to WJ today. Wanted to book a flight using a credit. Oh well, booked the flight, will try to get a refund for the credit later. Not holding my breath.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 2:53 pm

You used to be able to assign any flight credit to anyone else, and they used to let you keep anything that was left over, and you used to be able to book online and then call to claim the credit, but with the new system in place, who knows what the rules are now. There shouldn't be a problem using a promotional code with a credit.

I'd go and book the flight, and try to claim the credit later. They should be accomodating. (What else can you do?)
Old Jan 7, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: AC Subhuman (*A silver), NW Barely Alive
The FAQ following what tcook052 posted also has the following:

# How can I transfer my Travel Bank?
Transfer of your Travel Bank credits can only be done through WestJet. Please contact us at
1-888-WESTJET (937-8538).

# Can I use my Travel Bank credit to pay for travel for another guest?
At this time Travel Bank credit redemption is limited to the profile owner. If you need to make a booking online for another guest or travel with another guest using your Travel Bank credit you will need to contact our Sales Super Centre at 1-888-WESTJET (937-8538) to assist with this booking.

So, yeah, you can transfer the credit or use it to book someone else, but you have to get through the infernal phone system! Which, incidentally, I've been trying to do for the last two and a half days to use my darn credit!!!!! I'm going to be in the same boat as the OP; going to try to claim the credit retroactively because of the "we're too busy, buzz off" phone system.

This is disgraceful!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:33 am

westjet is becoming a lot more cautious about transferring credits. due to the criminal behaviour of that man in BC about two years ago they have been tightening up their system of transferring credits.

yes, YOU can purchase a ticket for another person but if they need to make a change and receive a credit, they will return it to the profile of the original passenger.

this is only great for people who know whom they are dealing with and if need be, can contact the transferring party if changes need to be made.

they may offer a direct credit if the new traveller pays a difference of more than $100.00--but as of yet it is unconfirmed so I wouldn't rely on it.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:50 am

westjet is becoming a lot more cautious about transferring credits. due to the criminal behaviour of that man in BC about two years ago they have been tightening up their system of transferring credits.

yes, YOU can purchase a ticket for another person but if they need to make a change and receive a credit, they will return it to the profile of the original passenger.

this is only great for people who know whom they are dealing with and if need be, can contact the transferring party if changes need to be made.

they may offer a direct credit if the new traveller pays a difference of more than $100.00--but as of yet it is unconfirmed so I wouldn't rely on it.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Just so you all know, I had a credit I wanted to apply to a flight I was going to book, but couldnt get through on the phone. So I booked it at the regular price, and then the @Westjet Twitter account asked for my confirmation # and credit reference number, and applied the credit to my credit card! Great service!
Old Oct 1, 2013, 5:27 pm

Westjet Travel bank amount - $250 available for sale/transfer

Hi

I have $257.38 (CAD) - 250.18 USD worth unused Westjet Travel bank amount.

Since am not likely to be using it anytime in the near future, and dont want this money to be lying unused and expire (its valid for another year until September, 2014), would like to transfer it to anyone else for the same price/face value.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 6:24 am

Is it possible to book online in USD (departure from US) and then call in to apply the travel bank credit to that booking?

Last edited by sokolov; Oct 3, 2013 at 6:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.