Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Connections at DEN" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2010, 3:59 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Flying JAC-DEN-LAX -- Will I need to clear security again in Den?

When connecting JAC-DEN-LAX, do you have to clear security again in DEN?
Thanks.
Old May 23, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA [Gold]
No, you will not need to clear security again.
Old May 23, 2010, 4:04 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Thanks very much.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
connecting at US airport (DEN)

Could you help me with a US connection query? Would be much appreciated.

I am coming in to DEN hand luggage only at 09:39 with a connection leaving at 10:53 which is the first sector of a ticket DEN-JFK-CDG-TLS

I'm assuming I can do an airside transfer between the incoming Continental flight and the outgoing Delta flight just by having printed out my own boarding pass as incoming domestic flights just dump you in the terminal with departing passengers and I can just make my way to my next gate?

Thanks!
HL
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

http://flydenver.com/map_airport_layout

From the map ,

CO uses the B terminal and Delta uses the C terminal so you will need to use the train ( There should not be any need to reclear security)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Thanks for that TBS... Looks like a workable connection in that case.

Last edited by HighLife; Aug 31, 2011 at 4:31 pm
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:19 pm
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
Very easy -- "workable" a hundred times over.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K
You won't have any trouble - DEN is a great airport for transfers since all gates are accessible post-security.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Fine unless your inbound is international (you didn't mention).
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

..and over to the relevant Travel section.

Swanhunter
Moderator BAEC
Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:56 am

Programs: mileage plus
DEN: terminal B -> A

tight connect from IAH to HYS and need to go from B->A.

timing is 34 minutes ... seems tight especially since I change terminals (I never get out of B)

should I be concerned ... next flight to HYS is +5 hours so I have a decision to make at T-24

weather for DEN on 7-25 is t-storms

tips, hints appreciated
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:31 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow as the thread moves to the Destinations->West forum where multi-terminal connections are often discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, United.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:17 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nosnerk

timing is 34 minutes ... seems tight especially since I change terminals (I never get out of B)

should I be concerned ... next flight to HYS is +5 hours so I have a decision to make at T-24

tips, hints appreciated
If everything goes absolutely perfectly, you'll probably be fine.

That said, that's a connection I would never book. Too much can go wrong, too much stress.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:04 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nosnerk

tips, hints appreciated
Note: I did miss his departure date but thought I'd leave this information anyway for anyone else who might be in a similar situation.

Depending on what gate you arrive on the BCON, that's a uber-tight connection, worse if you come in at gates away from the center core, where the train is. HYS is served by ZK (Great Lakes) located at the far end (high numbers) of the ACON, then down the escalator and another 3-4 minute walk. If it's close, ask someone at the Customer Service counter at the bottom of the escalator to call the gate and tell them you’re on the way. If they have already finished filing their nails or completed their conversation with a co-worker, they might do it for you.

ZK flights start boarding 20 minutes prior to departure and close 10 minutes before. Once the door is closed, it's all over.

You WILL need to check in at the HYS gate when you arrive. ZK is often weight restricted and seldom sends flights out full (19 seat Beech 1900D's and a few Brasilia 30 seaters to oil country that usually go on maintenance as they land) and it can be worse in summer. Make sure UA checks you in for the DEN-HYS ( even though they may tell you they can't, they can) segment because denied boarding is usually based on check in time. Your UA FF (including GS) status means nothing to ZK and they will only hold LFO (last flight out) flights, usually 10 min max for late connecting passengers.

My recommendation: Go for it, but be prepared to wait for the next available flight. Late connecting flights DO NOT guarantee you a seat on the next scheduled flight since weight restrictions are common.. You will almost always be placed on the standby list, not protected. Look for alternate airports served by ZK as a backup if you have to be there. Rental cars are usually not available for one way rentals out of these smaller airports so consider if someone can pick you up.

Good luck.

DEN

Last edited by DEN; Jul 26, 2012 at 4:02 pm
Old Aug 10, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: marriott
Connecting in Denver from Southwest to United

We will arrive at Denver Airport on Southwest Airlines, and will be leaving 2 hours later on a United flight to AK. Will we have to go to baggage claim, claim our luggage, re-check it at United, go back through security, and on to the United gate? How close is this cutting it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.