Consolidated "Parking at DEN" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Parking at DEN" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2009, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Try Long Term Parking's Colorado page:

http://www.longtermparking.com/colorado.htm
Old Apr 18, 2009, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
I don't know of a particular site with such coupons. However, USAParking (both open and covered) is a few dollars cheaper than comparable parking at the terminal, and with AAA you get an additional 10% off; $1/day off coupons for them used to be pretty easy to find. They pick you up and drop you off at your car and will help with luggage. Coming from the north, it saves a toll booth also. Their vans seem to be running a little less frequently now, so I would assume a few minutes wait on both ends.
On the airport property (and maybe nearby also), Pike's Peak parking is probably the cheapest (uncovered only, AFAIK); there the buses pick you up at ends of aisles (luggage assistance is rare in my experience).
Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:20 am

Deleted

Last edited by ispbflqwm; Jan 29, 2015 at 6:42 am
Old Apr 22, 2009, 6:43 pm

Location: Currently: DCA (+IAD/BWI). Before that: FNL (+DEN/COS). Before that: HVN (+BDL/LGA/EWR/JFK).
Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Hertz Five Star, NEXUS, Global Entry
Stapleton p-n-R

If you're gone for more than a week, a great option is Stapleton Park & Ride (one of the old parking garages at the former Stapleton Airport).

It's gotten a little worse since February, when they changed it from a free lot to a pay lot, but at $1/day (if you live in the "Denver transportation district", otherwise it's $2/day), plus an $8 shuttle (usually runs about every 30 minutes or so, takes about 25 mins to get to/from the Park & Ride and DIA) each way, you can do 14 days for $30, or just over $2/day. Not too shabby. Techinically, at $1/day plus $16 r/t on the shuttle, the break-even point vs. Pike's Peak (on-airport shuttle parking) is 4 days, though I'd be willing to do Pike's Peak for a stay of probably up to a week, just because the savings isn't worth having to add on ~1hr or more on each end of your trip (waiting for the shuttle and then riding it, and the fact that Stapleton p&r is farther from where I live than DIA).

There are some covered spaces (only the first floor of the garage is still open) and some outdoor.

Be wary of stays over 30 days - I've done it (left my car there over 50 days one time), though technically, you're supposed to call ahead and clear it with the lot management.

It's a somewhat sketchy location, but I've never felt unsafe there. There are 24-hour private security patrols who drive around the lot in SUVs.

One warning - it is dusty/dirty as ANYTHING in the garage, and very windy. If you're gone for 2 weeks or more, expect to have a thick layer of dirt covering your entire car... you don't want to be out of windshield washer fluid when you come back!

More information at: www.rtd-denver.com
Old Oct 20, 2009, 9:02 am

dia parking?

i have to park at dia several times in the next few months. any suggestions as to which place has the best parking rates/ frequent parker deals? i know there are several to choose from... just wondering if anyone has more experience with this? thanks
Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:39 pm

Programs: 1MM BIS. Former 18-year segment 1K, 1997-2014...now just a distant memory.
Originally Posted by intrepid720
COS has *heinous* options for long term parking compared to DEN.
Agree, not too may options available down here. Airport long term parking used to be $5 a day and $25 a week, but that sadly was quite some time back. Now is a straight $6 a day. But long term slots are only a 2-3 minute or so walk from the terminal, so you can arrive/depart quickly.

The other long term parking option I've heard of is at the airport area Radisson Hotel, about 4.25 miles from terminal. Heard some time back they charged $4 a day. Drop off/pick up pax using their shuttle. Not sure if this parking is still available, or if so of the current cost.

6 Mar '11 UPDATE: So many people are now parking long term in the short term lot, since short term is only $2 more per day than long term, that close in spots for those wanting short term are now difficult to find. Puzzles me, therefore, why folks don't just park in long term, if that's what they really need, and save the $2 a day. Honestly, it is only a 30 second longer walk out to long term!

Last edited by ColoBill1; Apr 30, 2011 at 8:37 am
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
Originally Posted by mymyles
i have to park at dia several times in the next few months. any suggestions as to which place has the best parking rates/ frequent parker deals? i know there are several to choose from... just wondering if anyone has more experience with this? thanks
USA Parking has a frequent parker program where you get a card punched based on the length of stay. When full, you can apply to a future rental (maybe $45 off?). I seem to recall that they also have discount rates for recurring parkers also, but I have never looked into that option.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
http://www.wallypark.com/DIA/landing.html

WallyPark offers 25% discount for AAA members (about $8.20). My company gets a 30% discount, so I pay $7.95 a day, which makes it cheaper than USAirport Parking. The perk is that it's super close to the airport when the Pikes Peak lot is full.

Also just noticed that you can bring in a competitor coupon and park for $7.95/day.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:00 am

The Parking Spot

The Parking Spot has a new lot in Denver, and they are offering a special from now until May 15, 2011, where parking is only $5 per day at their Denver lot for anyone who is wearing spots. Their press release about it says that you can even draw spots on yourself to get the rate!
Old Mar 6, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: 1MM BIS. Former 18-year segment 1K, 1997-2014...now just a distant memory.
A new lot, Canopy Parking, has opened up across the road from USAParking on Tower Road. On Canopy's website they currently have a $3 off per day (thus rate is $6 per day) coupon you can print, good through June 2011. USAParking will also accept this same coupon for parking at their lot, as I did this past week.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Wyo folks often park at the I-25/Harmony Rd. Park and Ride in Fort Collins. Free parking, SuperShuttle is $80 RT. No Denver traffic or tolls.

---------------------

ETA: Turns out the trip is $57.80 RT with "Visa discount" on Supershuttle.

Last edited by pierre mclopez; Apr 6, 2011 at 1:49 pm
Old Dec 18, 2011, 9:10 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I need to park at DEN on a weekday afternoon this week in order to go in and meet someone who's arriving after a WN flight. (No, I can't simply pick him up at one of the passenger pick up doors but need to meet him when he comes up the escalator from the train).

The couple of times I've parked at DEN in this situation I seem to end up a long way from where I needed to be (and am more used to picking up UA fliers with checked baggage in any case).

My pick-up-ee will not have any checked luggage.

Can someone give me a primer on where to go and how in order most easily park and then with the least confusing walk get to and from that escalator for arriving pax? Short-term/pricier is fine; I don't expect to get there but about 30 minutes ahead of flight arrival.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I need to park at DEN on a weekday afternoon this week in order to go in and meet someone who's arriving after a WN flight. (No, I can't simply pick him up at one of the passenger pick up doors but need to meet him when he comes up the escalator from the train).

The couple of times I've parked at DEN in this situation I seem to end up a long way from where I needed to be (and am more used to picking up UA fliers with checked baggage in any case).

My pick-up-ee will not have any checked luggage.

Can someone give me a primer on where to go and how in order most easily park and then with the least confusing walk get to and from that escalator for arriving pax? Short-term/pricier is fine; I don't expect to get there but about 30 minutes ahead of flight arrival.
THe 'Super Short Term" parking is on the arrivals level (level 4) on the left hand side as you come in. Follow signs for 'arrivals' on the West side, stay to the left as you enter the structure, and it will be on your left. $2/hour, I think. Park there (West side is slightly closer, given that the escalator from the train is on that side of the main atrium), walk across to terminal (maybe 50 yards), inside, up 1 escalator (into Baggage Claim) - then out to the middle to the fountains. Easy-peasy.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1P, Omni Gold, Hilton Gold, *Wood Gold
Originally Posted by cedahm
THe 'Super Short Term" parking is on the arrivals level (level 4) on the left hand side as you come in. Follow signs for 'arrivals' on the West side, stay to the left as you enter the structure, and it will be on your left. $2/hour, I think. Park there (West side is slightly closer, given that the escalator from the train is on that side of the main atrium), walk across to terminal (maybe 50 yards), inside, up 1 escalator (into Baggage Claim) - then out to the middle to the fountains. Easy-peasy.
Agreed. Just to reiterate as this is confusing: Do not follow the signs to "Parking." Follow the signs to "Arrivals" and get in the far left lane.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:28 am

I never knew there was a lot up there... When I've had to pickup, I've usually parked in the same spot I normally park (1st level of the garage, in the middle, elevators go "right to" the arrivals area).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.