Consolidated "Restaurants at DEN or in the greater Denver area" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Restaurants at DEN or in the greater Denver area" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2007, 5:46 pm

Programs: Frontier Summit, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
A new opening (opened this last weekend) you might want to look into is The Corner Office Restaurant and Martini Bar at 14th and Curtis. See the website to get an idea for the theme http://thecornerofficedenver.com/. It should be decently quiet due to it being new and you can see about reserving the "Oval Office" which is a section curtained (beaded) off from the rest of the room. A large enough group can grab the whole area by the "Office" and get privacy behind a full curtain.

Nice menu variety and large bar selection.

Don't expect a maître d' in a tux (all college, hip staff), but the staff is expected to be friendly and fun.

Reservations are available via OpenTable.

Disclaimer: I work for The Corner Office's management company.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
My choice would be Bistro Vendome in Larimer Square.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 2P, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
If you can get a reservation for Palomino's on Arapahoe and 16th, it is pretty quiet out on the covered patio and indoors (NOT the bar area which is in a separate room a good bit away from the dining room). I don't know what your price range is but their food is delicious! Especially try the roasted garlic appetizer!
Old Jun 21, 2007, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I had a similar question - not for 8 people - but for my wife and myself. In reading various websites the names of two places keep coming up and we're wondering whether anyone has any personal experience - Mizuna and Highlands Garden Cafe. Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1P, Omni Gold, Hilton Gold, *Wood Gold
They are both wonderful. I would again also suggest Rioja. Highland Garden Cafe is a little west of downtown in a fun area called the Highlands, Mizuna is a little south of downtown, and Rioja is right in downtown.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 11:59 pm

Just back from Denver and I wanted to say we had an outstanding meal at Mizuna. If you are staying downtown, it is definitely worth the short drive of about 10 minutes or less. But just be advised it is expensive - about $150-175 for two.

We also had a very good meal downtown at Bistro Vendome. Much less expensive ($90-100 for 2), much more casual and relaxed atmosphere.

We would go back to both.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Rioja is a good place to try next time.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 8:23 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Highland Garden Cafe
Mizuna
Rioja

What type of cuisine are these restaurants, any fav dishes?

Also, are there restaurants that are considered uniquely Denver in nature that are worthwhile? Is there a specialty of Denver ?

--
Old Aug 28, 2007, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Also, are there restaurants that are considered uniquely Denver in nature that are worthwhile?
Considering most everyone here is a transplant from somewhere, it's tough to answer this question. The only two restaurants I could say are "uniquely Denver" would be The Fort and Buckhorn Exchange (both are steakhouses that serve unique game).

Is there a specialty of Denver ?
The Denver Omelet!
Old Aug 30, 2007, 7:00 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
The Denver Omelet!
ha ha I was thinking of that when I asked the question^

From reading I understand that despite a good number of Hisapanics that the Mexican food quality is not quite there in Denver for some reason.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum/UAPremier Gold/IC Platinum
Am in Denver now. In last few days, ate at Rioja (one of the best restaurants I've eaten at in a while), Theorie Martini Bar (brand new -- ate their halibut--delicious! Very interesting and unique ambiance), The Corner Office (good, but not for anyone on a diet!), Del Mar Crab House (lots of healthy choices). All these are walking distance from the city center of Denver. Seems like lots of good choices--let us know where u choose?
Old Sep 1, 2007, 9:10 am

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
If you like steaks, Brook's Steak House near the tech center is a great option. It is very upscale, but also makes a fantastic steak.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: UA - Kettle
Z Cuisine is a great, but small french place on the west side of Denver, just across I-25 from downtown. I think the dining room can seat about 30-55 people max. It was packed when my wife and I went there, but it was still pretty quiet.

http://www.zcuisineonline.com/
Old Sep 2, 2007, 8:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum/UAPremier Gold/IC Platinum
We ate at an oldie--Avenue Grill on E 17th walkable from downtown--it's an old style menu, reasonable with something for everyone--steak, pasta, burger. We had cioppino and it was delicious. We went at 2 pm (Saturday) and also got 1000 points on Open Table. It was approximately 1/4 full--i would think it would be a quieter restaurant. Another idea is to remember McCormick & Schmicks's Happy Hours--appetizers for $1.95/$2.95/$3.95--fish tacos, chicken tacos, different dips, mussels, fish cake--and their bar drinks (my bar drink @ $8.95 was almost half our bill!) are delicious--beer being the cheapest choice.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 9:17 am

Bistro Vendome - I believe it's owned by the same people who run Rioja. Excellent - many "small plates" - i.e., tapas. In Larimer Square. Very friendly and helpful staff, as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.