Wiki Posts
Search

Dining near Boulders Resort in Carefree, AZ

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Dining near Boulders Resort in Carefree, AZ

Hi! Can anyone recommed some restaurants around the Boulders Resort in Carefree AZ. I think it's a Hilton and I don't really want to spend a fortune on hotel dining. However, the idea of driving around the mountains in the dark seems scary. Thank you so much.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
I can't speak for any restaurants, but I wouldn't worry too much about the roads. Carefree and Cave Creek are pretty much suburbs of Phoenix now. It's a little darker up here than in the middle of Phoenix, but it's not like it's pitch black or anything. The main roads (Cave Creek Rd, Scottsdale Rd/Tom Darlington, Carefree Hwy, and Pima Rd) aren't straight as an arrow, but I certainly wouldn't consider it "mountainous". Besides, most of the speed limits are so low (25-35) that you're not going to be going very fast anyways.

One caution: watch for wildlife after dark, especially coyotes and javelinas.

The mountains start after you head out of the area to the northeast on Cave Creek Rd, which the only reason you'd go that far out of town is if you were going camping or going to Bartlett Lake.

Last edited by Lost; Dec 7, 2016 at 6:34 pm
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:49 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
If you like Mexican, definitely try El Encanto in Cave Creek. Great food, good location, and nice ambiance. Prices aren't too bad either.
Went with a work group a few years ago, I think there were 6 of us and a large booth worked well.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
The Spotted Donkey, onsite and chargeable to your room, was excellent last Saturday night! http://www.theboulders.com/restauran...y-cantina.html
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
I don't know why you'd have any reasons to be out in the bush, but I take my truck off-roading out in those hills all the time and there's really nothing to be worried about. The roads you'll be on are all normal, sealed tarmac roads, no different than anywhere else. As mentioned, they are somewhat twisty and residential so most of them have fairly low speed limits.

There's plenty of great places to eat in Cave Creek.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.