Search

Salt Lake City rail transit update

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Salt Lake City rail transit update

http://www.rideuta.com/uploads/newra...cember2012.pdf

The Utah Transit Authority just released an updated rail lines map, showing the changes that will take place in Dec 2012 (Purple Line southern extension to Provo, Utah), April 2013 (Green Line western extension to SLC International Airport), and summer 2013 (Blue Line southern extension to Draper, Utah).

When all is done, I am hopeful that I will be able to commute to work via the Purple Line (I live in West Jordan (a city in southwestern Salt Lake County) and work in Provo (a city in Utah County)) and take the Red and Green lines from West Jordan to the airport and leave my car at home.

Last edited by amanuensis; Oct 14, 2012 at 1:32 pm Reason: needed to close the outer parenthetical remark
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:26 am

You can already get to the airport via public transportation by using the airport bus (550 or 510) that connects several downtown trax stations to the airport every 30 minutes.

My biggest concern is that the current bus and trax schedule is not to good, if you have a late night arrival or an early morning departure, there is simply to reasonable way to use the UTA system. If they maintain the same scheduling, the new line will be useless.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The Utah Transit Authority yesterday released the exact date beginning train service to and from the SLC airport: Sunday, 14 April 2013.

Construction on the Airport TRAX line is coming to a close. Substantial completion is expected by the end of the month and will be followed by testing. The Airport TRAX line will open for operation Sunday, April 14, 2013.

“The Airport TRAX line is the most anticipated of our new lines,” UTA Board Chair Greg Hughes said. “It will provide a key connection to a top destination, employment centers and the rest of the Wasatch Front.”

The new line is being finished well ahead of schedule.
http://www.letsrideuta.com/2012/10/2...-line-to-open/
Old Oct 26, 2012, 3:21 am

It is very exciting, as they have announced that they are planning to run it every 15 minutes unlike the buses. The bad new is that it is still only scheduled to run from about 6.30 am to 11.30 pm, but I guess that can change if demand changes as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.