Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denver Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2010, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Denver Hotel

Would you recommend downtown or Cherry Wood for nice hotel within walking distance to restaurants/bars?
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
I think you mean downtown or Cherry Creek.

Downtown: There are a wide variety of properties to choose from and LoDo is full of restaurants and bars.

Cherry Creek: Only one real choice - The JW Marriott Cherry Creek. It's a block or two from several great restaurants and the Cherry Creek Mall is across the street.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 3:33 pm

The Marriott is pretty much it for Cherry Creek

For downtown this is my list and in the order of preference:

Ritz Carlton
Hotel Monaco
Hotel Teatro
The Brown Palace
Westin Tabor Center
Grand Hyatt
Old Aug 29, 2011, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I need a downtown hotel and the best (chain = points) available choices appear to be:

Grand Hyatt
Westin
Marriott Denver City Center

How would you rank them and why?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I've only stayed at the Westin and I would rate it a pretty standard Westin - definitely nothing special.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:47 am

The Hyatt's beautiful, and got solid reviews from our conference attendees a couple of years ago (in fact, the only complaint was cost). The Marriott was ok, just like every other downtown Marriott (I think the res. inn downtown is nicer).

Edit: I should note that the Hyatt I was aware of is the Regency, not the Grand Hyatt.

Beyond the above, they're all pretty much within a couple of blocks, so there's basically no difference in in/out ease, or dining options. The Westin's mildly closer to LoDo, so I guess if I were planning to have more than a couple of drinks every night, I'd stay there, but you'd really only be saving yourself 5 minutes on the mall shuttle. *shrug*
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1P, Omni Gold, Hilton Gold, *Wood Gold
I personally think the Grand Hyatt is nicer than the Hyatt Regency. The Westin is also fine - that is where almost all my business associates stay. I don't think I have ever been in the Marriott.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by jneugeba
I personally think the Grand Hyatt is nicer than the Hyatt Regency. The Westin is also fine - that is where almost all my business associates stay. I don't think I have ever been in the Marriott.
Isn't the Regency the brand new one? Like I said, can't really comment on the Grand Hyatt, so I'll take your word for it either way.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by njx9
Isn't the Regency the brand new one? Like I said, can't really comment on the Grand Hyatt, so I'll take your word for it either way.
You are correct - I always get them mixed up. The Regency is the new, nicer one across from the convention center. Sorry for the confusion.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Looks like we found a decent rate at the Regency, so I will be there as it's the convention hotel. But thanks for everyone's comments.

Interesting the Four Seasons rates were quite competitive, maybe a good option for people who don't care about points
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Looks like we found a decent rate at the Regency, so I will be there as it's the convention hotel. But thanks for everyone's comments.

Interesting the Four Seasons rates were quite competitive, maybe a good option for people who don't care about points
While at the regency make sure to grab a drink in the Altitude Bar at sunset - it has some of the best views in Denver.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by jneugeba
May I resurrect this thread to ask about the Hyatt Grand vs. the Residence Inn. Can't decide and have never been to Denver other than the airport. Can use some help. Thx!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:35 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Coming to a meeting at the downtown Convention Canter later this autumn. There are rates at the Hyatt next door, but I get a better rate at the Aloft Downtown and the Hilton Garden Inn next to the Hyatt. Both look pretty new.

Which should I choose? I probably won't spend much time in my room in any case.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
I'm local and haven't stayed at any of the three. I have stayed at several Alofts on recent trips in other cities and have generally been pleased; they are SPG hotels. They feel more like European hotels than most US chains. The only issue I can recall is that the keyless entry (using a cell phone) did not always work. All those you mentioned are in easy walking distance to the convention center.

TRRed
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:39 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by TRRed
I'm local and haven't stayed at any of the three. I have stayed at several Alofts on recent trips in other cities and have generally been pleased; they are SPG hotels. They feel more like European hotels than most US chains. The only issue I can recall is that the keyless entry (using a cell phone) did not always work. All those you mentioned are in easy walking distance to the convention center.

TRRed
Thanks! i have the same experience of Aloft elsewhere, so I tend to gravitate in that direction, even though I need Hilton nights to requalify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.