Sequestration effects

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sequestration effects

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Sequestration effects

Yesterday i heard reported as part of the sequestration, the white house has cancelled tours.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...-to-sequester/

The sequestration could effect the extended hrs offered by the museums where they have late hrs on Fridays-Sundays only.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:57 pm

The tactic is called, "Closing the Washington Monument."

Since time immemorial congress, grandstanding for the voters, has cut the budget. Traditionally they start with the Park Service. The park service responds to the budget cut by closing the Washington Monument to tourists.

Disappointed tourists scream to their representatives. The budget is quietly restored.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 5:29 am

Programs: AS MVP
But the Washington Monument is already closed, so this time they shut down WH tours.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
The good news is that the multiple golf courses at Andrews AFB are OPEN for business. For those with access of course...
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by scubadiver
Since time immemorial congress, grandstanding for the voters, has cut the budget. Traditionally they start with the Park Service. The park service responds to the budget cut by closing the Washington Monument to tourists.

Disappointed tourists scream to their representatives. The budget is quietly restored.
This time it's delaying the plowing of Yellowstone NP to open roads.

My prediction is that other than the WH tours, tourists will feel virtually no effect from sequestration on their trips to Washington.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.