Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Domestic Economy vs Business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Virgin Domestic Economy vs Business

Using Delta points for a flight between CNS-SYD. Are the extra points for a Business Class seat vs an Economy seat worth it?

This would be for a lunch time or dinner time flight.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is about a 3 hour flight in B737
Up to you if it worth the extra
RTWFF likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by holocker
Using Delta points for a flight between CNS-SYD. Are the extra points for a Business Class seat vs an Economy seat worth it?

This would be for a lunch time or dinner time flight.

Having flown this route a few times, my answer is HELL YES.

I tend to burn my 4 comp upgrades only on SYD-CNS or BNE-PER routes, sometimes MEL-BNE if I don't do any other long-range domestic trips.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:36 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
+1 to shillards' comment - HELL YES.

I opt for Business class (upgrades) for any flight over 2 hours domestically - bonus if it is an A330.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Upgraded meal service, lounge access, more attentive crew and a tablet for IFE.

As per Mwenenzi, definitely up to you, but I personally would save the miles.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
If you don't have Delta status (Gold or above) then I'd say yes. In addition to the in-flight benefits, it will get you priority check-in and the lounge as well as avoiding the nobody-seats.

If you have Delta Gold status for example then I would say no. Because you get half the benefits anyway and possibly a decent seat in Y too.

But of course it depends on how many SM you have to burn.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: Virgin, Qantas, Shangri La Hotels, Hilton Hotels
As I am overall unhappy with both the passengers and crew on most Australian domestic flights, which totally takes away from the appeal of air travel for me, then yes, I'd say do the upgrade.

I have flown SYD-CNS or vice versa quite a bit. Business Class is almost empty. Often only two passengers.

Priority check-in with Business Class is a bonus for me as it is nice to get away from the stress and the waiting in the airport terminal. Getting into a comfortable and relaxing seat for the flight ASAP is a good feeling. But you pay from the privilege. Upwards of $900 one-way usually, last time I checked -- a lot of money for a 3-hour domestic flight on Virgin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.